Home Buying in Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chill

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting residency in Loma Linda come this July. I'm thinking about buying a home rather than renting for 3 years. Anyone can advise on:

1) The real estate trend in that area...is the real estate market at its peak as it is in Bay Area, SD, or LA?

2) Anyone have any physician loan lenders they know about?

Members don't see this ad.

The rental market wreaks. At least as far as I'm concerned. Right now I pay $1650 for 3/2 1600 sq ft. Similar homes close by are 1800-2150+/-. New construction a few miles down the street start at low/mid 400's. Home market has stagnated. Unsure where the next trend will go. I would actually either suggest near the hospital for commuting purposes, or outside of Loma Linda due to train noise. Trains go right through LL, horns at 12:30am get really annoying. Home market in Mentone isn't that bad (8 miles, 20 minutes) Redlands maintains it strength since it's well-known bedroom community. East Highland is very nice, anything east of the 30 fwy. Commute time would be about 15-25 minutes depending on time of day. Homes, last I checked were mid 400-upper 800's depending on location.

I'm not as familiar with Grand Terrace. I'd avoid most, if not all of San Bernardino. If you go SBdo go north.