HardCore Trading

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What will be the lowest price of oil/barrel over the next year? (until 10/07)

• 58$

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 56$

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 54$

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 52$

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 50$

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 48$

• 46$

• 44$

• 42$

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 40$

• 38$

• 36$

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 34$

• 32$

• <=30$

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Separate post for those of you showing interest and experience with real trading. Please share your ideas with each other.

Members don't see this ad.

IMO insm is oversold here and should bounce 20%... now at 85c, looks like a double bottom, no position at this time but would buy if I wasn't in on dovp.pk.

target, 1.00$, stop 79c.
We'll see.

Had the stop perfectly placed... hit 80c on dec 26th... today up 14% to 1.03, high of day 1.08. Would sell at this point.

Still holding 70k of dovp... bro added at least 70k, possibly 100k at 0.25, so he is long 300k shares average 25c...

waiting for the 16th... for those of you doing your FA homework you know why.

Had the stop perfectly placed... hit 80c on dec 26th... today up 14% to 1.03, high of day 1.08. Would sell at this point.

Still holding 70k of dovp... bro added at least 70k, possibly 100k at 0.25, so he is long 300k shares average 25c...

waiting for the 16th... for those of you doing your FA homework you know why.

Dammit, insm up another 20c today to 1.23, and I thought it was done at 1.00$... gotta let my breakouts run a little more....

in other news, cpnlq up to a high of 1.60 today, now 1.53... guess my bro made another 15,000$ today...

still waiting for my dovp ship to come in... lol... it may never come, but I'll take the chance (downside limited with bk already factored in, upside significant)

Jan 16th.
ttac

Members don't see this ad :)
nbix-nice 10% bounce from my prediction in the low 9's... hit 10.4 today. still believe this hits 15 next year, easy.
good luck,
it's only money :laugh:
ttac

NBIX... this is a slam dunk if I ever saw one... I would eat my hat if it didn't hit 15 this year. Oh wait... I don't wear hats... busting through 11 now, up 20% from my call a month or so ago.

good news will come out about indiplon. Seen it a million times. This is the most obvious consolidation I have seen in a long time over the past few months. Fortunately, I believe dovp will bounce much, much more when (if) good news about indiplon comes out.

ttac

Dovp... in all fairness, caveat emptor...
Don't buy blindly without doing your due diligence.
Don't buy with any money you couldn't afford to lose.
Don't buy if you don't understand the following post (which raises some worrisome points)

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/S...e&bn=22583&tid=5301&mid=5301&tof=1&frt=2#5301

Dovp may file bk on the 16th. If this happens, don't say I didn't warn you. You still have time to sell friday if you have second thoughts.

I'm taking the risk, though, and holding. (markets closed mon for MLK), 16th is tuesday.

ttac

p.s. Just wanted to add that my bro is "only" risking 75,000$ out of his 200,000$ trading account on dovp... he actually was so sure of cpnlq that he put everything into that one stock at 30c, so I guess this means that he is not as sure about dovp, or he would have let it ride.

Whats the best way to play the current drop in oil prices. I believe the bottom is very soon. Halliburton? Oxy?

Whats the best way to play the current drop in oil prices. I believe the bottom is very soon. Halliburton? Oxy?

traders in my group are salivating over shorting the airline stocks as soon as oil bounces... of course they are running up now due to lower fuel costs, but when oil bounces, airline stocks better watch out. Of course alot of them are hedged against further rising oil prices...

old article on airline hedging and why LUV kicks butt
http://jcgi.pathfinder.com/time/globalbusiness/article/0,9171,1074147,00.html

I don't really feel comfortable with stocks outside of certain biotech areas... so I pretty much just try to trade what I am comfortable with... I am also looking at beaten down alternative energy when oil really puts in a bottom...

ttac

man, cpnlq.pk continues to rock... I have no idea where this is ending up... too bad my bro didn't hold all 180k shares... he'd be up well over 200,000$... on a 50,000 investment. now 1.67. Seems ridiculous that he bought at 30c... He is still holding 1/3...

Sure hope he is right on dovp.pk... tuesday will be interesting, I can guarantee that much... lol

ttac

dovp.pk up 55% as of 944am... another company wants bicifadine...
still holding my 70k shares... up 10,000$ on paper so far... bro is up 75,000$ on his investment so far...

on paper.

not out of the woods yet.

going to hold for 1$.

gnta I also believe is oversold here at 46c for a bounce to 55-60

up 20% today to 55 cents... I'd sell tomorrow at 59 or so...

ttac

ttac.....

i don't intend for this to come off rude but....who are you talking to? yourself? seems like you are just jotting down notes about your own portfolio, which isn't exactly helpful and/or exciting to anyone.

ps: what's your occupation? such frequent trading and research should take up so much time!

ttac.....

i don't intend for this to come off rude but....who are you talking to? yourself? seems like you are just jotting down notes about your own portfolio, which isn't exactly helpful and/or exciting to anyone.

ps: what's your occupation? such frequent trading and research should take up so much time!

Fair enough... I was of the opinion that there were at least 20 people reading this thread because although I was the only one posting, there were over 2000 page views of it, and why would you read it unless you were going to trade off of it... imo I had been pretty much right on in almost all of my trading calls... and I thought that since I probably had more trading experience than most people on this board, it might be able to help people who were new to trading. If you don't care for it, you don't need to read it.

So let's do this... if you (and this refers to anyone reading this thread) want me to discontinue this thread, then pm me. If you want me to continue posting on this thread, also pm me... I will keep all votes confidential but will tally them up and report them. If there are 5 people who want me to keep posting, then I will continue posting. If not, then I will not post about stocks any more.

ttac
p.s. my occupation is a resident. yes, this does take up a fair amount of time, but so do alot of hobbies...

Hey TTAC, do you have any thoughts on GTCB? ACEL? Both biotechs.

I would have been right on my oil price guess but I missed 2006 by only a few days :mad:

bottom is not in yet... I see well into the 40s...

dovp punks... liquidated everything (70k) today at 37.5... from about 30... 5k$ profit. I think I was mostly responsible for the selloff this am... lol

bro is still holding everything. shoulda sold yesterday... shoulda coulda woulda.

back to waiting mode...

ttac

NBIX... this is a slam dunk if I ever saw one... I would eat my hat if it didn't hit 15 this year. Oh wait... I don't wear hats... busting through 11 now, up 20% from my call a month or so ago.

good news will come out about indiplon. Seen it a million times. This is the most obvious consolidation I have seen in a long time over the past few months. Fortunately, I believe dovp will bounce much, much more when (if) good news about indiplon comes out.

ttac

-indiplon news out ah... trading at 14.40 AH... should hit 15 within the next week, if not tomorrow.

ttac

<sigh>
clearly my bro is a superior trader.... still long 350k of dovp.pk from 24cents... now trading at 55 cents (up 100,000$ on that) and still long about 90k of cpnlq.pk now at 1.60.

He says he plans to hold dovp.pk for another month.
I decided to get in 8k of avii at 3.03 for maybe a 50c bounce.

ttac

selling avii flat 3.03... holding cash. bro still holding all dovp.pk.
Don't like much long here. I'd sell nbix at 14 here as well...

ttac

long 7k zane 3.00... hopefully consolidation.
ttac

ouch. keep forgetting that I suck at intra-day momentum plays...and am better at longer term swing trades...

ttac