German Dr. med. programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1187700

Hello everyone! This is my first post and it's a bit niche, but does anyone know of English-language Dr. med. programs in Germany?

I am a physician in the EU with research interests but not to the the extent of wanting to do a full PhD over three or four years. The German master's level research doctorate in medicine sounds perfect for me. Most (all?) German medical schools will have a Dr. med. program, but not all of them are conducted in English, and simply searching Google gets me nowhere (I end up with dozens of pages on whether you can study medicine in English in Germany and the professional pages of doctors who graduated from a German university with this degree but speak English fluently.)

So I'm asking here.

Right now I have Charité in Berlin, LMU in Munich, and the global health school in Heidelberg. But I'd appreciate more options.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just call the graduate school you are interested in and ask if the dissertation (monographic or cumulative) can be written in English. Most research done is in English, so I wouldn't worry about not finding a PI/Group that wouldn't take you because of the language.

Reactions: 1 user