From a 168 (NBME 20) to a 228 on (UWA2). Exams in a week - is it possible to get a 220-230+ on the real deal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted986199

So I just took UWA2 and got a 228.

First NBME20 was: 168.

UWA1: 190

NBME21: 200

NBME24: 207

UWA2: 228

Exams in a week. Points, tips, etc. I really want a 220-230.

Predictions would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

With a grain of salt of course: I got a 226 on UWSA2 about a week out and got a 232 on the real thing. I did better on my last NBME 24 at around 240 a few days out, but my exam felt more like UWorld to me. My studying was relatively unstructured, but I got through UWorld once and went over most of my incorrect answers (got through most of FA). My last week I wrapped up UWorld review as well as some focused Sketchy Micro, Zanki, and Pathoma on my weakest topics. Last couple days I flipped through FA/my written notes on things that just don't stick for me.

I don't know how you've prepped but based on my gradual progress, I don't see a 220 or at least passing as out of reach.

Sorry if this explanation was vague--the whole experience was sort of a blur I don't want to re-live. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
With a grain of salt of course: I got a 226 on UWSA2 about a week out and got a 232 on the real thing. I did better on my last NBME 24 at around 240 a few days out, but my exam felt more like UWorld to me. My studying was relatively unstructured, but I got through UWorld once and went over most of my incorrect answers (got through most of FA). My last week I wrapped up UWorld review as well as some focused Sketchy Micro, Zanki, and Pathoma on my weakest topics. Last couple days I flipped through FA/my written notes on things that just don't stick for me.

I don't know how you've prepped but based on my gradual progress, I don't see a 220 or at least passing as out of reach.

Sorry if this explanation was vague--the whole experience was sort of a blur I don't want to re-live. Good luck!

I got a 230 on UWSA2 and got a 211 on the real thing, hence my concern.

Reactions: 1 user
Took UW1 and UW2 the week before my test and had ~230, 234. Got a 219 on the real thing. You definitely could underperform on your test OP.

There are some forms that are very similar to NBMEs more than Uworld.