Ferris State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm guessing just Ferris students so far?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't gotten mine yet. A few of my friends who have extremely good GPA's and amazing PCAT's got theirs in the mail today (not e-mail).

I'm guessing just Ferris students so far?

Congratulations to everyone who got their acceptances. I got mine today, but I wasn't a Ferris student. For everyone who hasn't gotten their acceptances yet, hopefully they'll come soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone who got their acceptances. I got mine today, but I wasn't a Ferris student. For everyone who hasn't gotten their acceptances yet, hopefully they'll come soon!

when was your interview?

I had an "early" interview. It was on December 21st.

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).:)

was it only the people who had early interviews that received their acceptance letters?

I had my interview in Big Rapids on Jan. 21st and got my acceptance letter in the mail last week. They said they were waiting for pharmCAS academic updates to come in before they sent invitations but my letter came before pharmCAS even sent the academic update to ferris. So that was a nice surprise and I was shocked the letter came so fast. Also, Im not a ferris student.

I had my interview in Big Rapids on Jan. 21st and got my acceptance letter in the mail last week. They said they were waiting for pharmCAS academic updates to come in before they sent invitations but my letter came before pharmCAS even sent the academic update to ferris. So that was a nice surprise and I was shocked the letter came so fast. Also, Im not a ferris student.

Congratulations!! I'm happy for you even though i'm starting to get nervous now. i had my interview that day too. do u mind sharing your pcat score and gpa?

Last edited:

What did your PharmCAS app say when the AU was sent? Under pharmacy designations, my app says "revised" to the appropriate schools, instead of "mailed." do they have to physically mail the new transcripts to the schools, or can they just show they received the AU and show the new calculated GPA?

From my understanding when your status is switched to "revised" then that means the academic update has been sent to your designated schools.

From my understanding when your status is switched to "revised" then that means the academic update has been sent to your designated schools.

Yeah as long as it says revised and there's a second mailing date then you're good.

Got my acceptance letter in the mail today! :D Hope everyone here will be getting theirs soon as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't checked the mail for like a week and then i read this post of people getting there acceptance letters so i just drove home and checked and ........

...........i got my acceptance letter!!!!!!:D

I am not a ferris student, i go to grand valley (grand rapids, mi).

For the people asking for stats
math GPA 4.0
science GPA 3.4
overall GPA 3.35

Pcat

Composite 90%
Chem 94%
Bio 87%
verbal 89%
Reading 84%
quant 64%

Hoooray I'm so excited its hard to type lol.
Hope everyone else gets there letter soon:)

I got my acceptance letter today as well. I interviewed on January 19th. I'm a Ferris student.

I got my acceptance letter Feb 12th, and I had my interview at Ferris on Jan 26th. I was surprised to see it come so early!!! I hope everyone else gets theirs soon =)

Congrats everyone!

Anyone want to start up a facebook group? I'm starting to look for places in BR and don't know where to start.

Im from grand valley and Im also starting to think about a place to live in BR next year. Im familiar with some of the off campus apartments and what not up there but dont know anyone to live with. Let me know if you start a facebook group!

Im from grand valley and Im also starting to think about a place to live in BR next year. Im familiar with some of the off campus apartments and what not up there but dont know anyone to live with. Let me know if you start a facebook group!

I'm in the same boat. I'm at GV right now too and don't know anyone up at Ferris. I think I'm going up there Tuesday to look at places and stop in the the financial aid office and all that. I just have way too much time on my hands right now lol. I'll start a group up so we can start networking and whatnot.

I am also looking for places to stay. I'm thinking about on campus apartments but I don't know anyone who I could room with. Has anyone started a Facebook group yet?

I am also looking for places to stay. I'm thinking about on campus apartments but I don't know anyone who I could room with. Has anyone started a Facebook group yet?

I'll get one going.

I'm also looking for roommates. If anyone is interested, just let me know. I want to join the facebook group, so does anyone know if its started yet?

just got my acceptance letter!:soexcited:thanks to all who helped me and good luck to all those who have yet to hear back!

I'm also looking for roommates. If anyone is interested, just let me know. I want to join the facebook group, so does anyone know if its started yet?

Yup, just waiting for people to find it.

Ferris State College of Pharmacy - Class of 2015

I'm still looking for roommates too.

has anyone received any information about the criminal background check yet? and that michigan license we need to have completed before we can start the program?

guys i applied to ferris and still haven't heard from them...looks like quite of you got into the pharm school! congrats!

if you guys dont' mind, please share the PCAT and GPA ....it would be very helpful...wanted to see where i stand....thanks

I got a 75 PCAT, 3.86 math/science, 3.81 overall, also a Pharmacy Tech

I got 74 on my PCAT, about 3.7 gpa, and I have 4 years work experience.

Also, is anyone looking for a roommate who will be staying in the dorms?? I might have to do that, so I am looking for people who are also in the program who I can room with. Message me if you are =)

I got a 70 on PCAT, GPA 3.60 math/science, 3.80 overall. Presently work for a pharmecutical company. I also have my bachelors. I recieved my acceptance on March 12.

ugh I was wait listed, but im number 7 so I think I still have a good chance :)

do you go to MSU? I am accepted to Ferris and go to MSU right now me and another girl are looking for 2 more roomates! let me know

im number 9 on the waitlist, what are my chances or when should i hear if im off the list by?

im number 9 on the waitlist, what are my chances or when should i hear if im off the list by?

Just keep checking the Ferris College of Pharmacy website under the admissions tab. They have the Fall Waitlist number up. It's at 0 right now but will probably be changing any day now.

well the numbers are moving! only 4 more and im in!:xf::beat:

im sure ill get in, not i just need to pass a&p and orgo :whoa:

I'm in the same boat. I'm at GV right now too and don't know anyone up at Ferris. I think I'm going up there Tuesday to look at places and stop in the the financial aid office and all that. I just have way too much time on my hands right now lol. I'll start a group up so we can start networking and whatnot.
Im at grand valley right now also. I'm looking for some people to live with also. We could meet up and stuff if you want to see if we are a good match for living together. PM me anyone else looking for roommates(especially people at grand valley :)

for those conditionally admitted, what does "successful completion" of the remaining coursework mean? do they count all of your classes for the semester, or just the remaining pre-reqs you're working on? and what grade must you get to keep your admission? a C?

for those conditionally admitted, what does "successful completion" of the remaining coursework mean? do they count all of your classes for the semester, or just the remaining pre-reqs you're working on? and what grade must you get to keep your admission? a C?

Im sure that it is just the coursework required by the CoP, given that you stay a full time student. I was taking 16 credit hours this semester and dropped stats because I was having a hard time keeping a C, but Ferris doesnt require stats so it shouldnt be a problem. and if you dont get a C in the required work im sure that you can retake it this summer as long as it gets done by august. but call the school and ask them, they would know best.:cool:

i'm looking for a roommate...anyone else? ALSO: check out the fbook group everyone!!

Does anyone know what we do during orientation? I know we have to do CPR training, but I was just curious if anyone knows more about any other activities. Thanks!