Ergonomic chairs/mouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radoncle

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a mouse for contouring? Been quite busy lately and my hand is starting to cramp up from all the contouring! Also, my mouse just kind of sucks.

Also wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions for keeping healthy posture for those of us stuck at a desk long hours every day. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a mouse for contouring? Been quite busy lately and my hand is starting to cramp up from all the contouring! Also, my mouse just kind of sucks.

Also wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions for keeping healthy posture for those of us stuck at a desk long hours every day. Thanks!
Do you have an adjustable/standing desk? My dosimetrists have been very happy with theirs

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1660424279840.png

I use this and a standing desk

Reactions: 6 users
We used to religiously subscribe to the Logitech G502 mouse, it’s like 40 bucks on Amazon. Infinite scroll wheel, allows you to easily select the sensitivity level, and has a couple sets of weights so you can customize the weight.

Now we almost all use Wacom digitizer tablets. The 16” version is around $600 I think but it’s so so worth it. Can contour with the pen literally twice as fast and more precisely than with a mouse. I also think it’s more ergonomic. Seriously a game changer, I will never go back to mouse. If you’re going to drop $$$$ for a standing desk or ergonomic desk chair, honestly I would check out the Wacoms first

Reactions: 5 users
We used to religiously subscribe to the Logitech G502 mouse, it’s like 40 bucks on Amazon. Infinite scroll wheel, allows you to easily select the sensitivity level, and has a couple sets of weights so you can customize the weight.

Now we almost all use Wacom digitizer tablets. The 16” version is around $600 I think but it’s so so worth it. Can contour with the pen literally twice as fast and more precisely than with a mouse. I also think it’s more ergonomic. Seriously a game changer, I will never go back to mouse. If you’re going to drop $$$$ for a standing desk or ergonomic desk chair, honestly I would check out the Wacoms first
Thank you guys for the suggestions!

Thank you guys for the suggestions!
Along the same lines, are people using dragon for dictations? Any suggestions for dictations? I use a lot of dot phrases and have been typing all my notes but guessing there may be a more efficient way of getting notes done. Interested to hear what people are doing.

As a radiologist I use a Logitech g502 lightspeed for work (wireless) and a Logitech G Pro X Superlight at home.

If you don't need the extra buttons you should try a superlight mouse. Everything else feels like a brick after you get used to it.

Reactions: 1 user

Move to a wacom tablet and use a pen for contouring. Life changing.

Reactions: 2 users
Move to a wacom tablet and use a pen for contouring. Life changing.
I can also recommend wacom with a standing desk as a very good combination.

Any mouse with a high DPI sensor is fine (I just use a cheap $20 razor deathadder), it's just a function of modifying your preference to be low sensitivity and use more arm+wrist than wrist alone.

For the fancy mice, you can program certain hotkeys to the multitude of buttons to slightly increase your workflow.

Reactions: 1 users
agree with the g502 as being one of the best overall mice, otherwise a lot of good gaming mice will do well
I use a nice mechanical keyboard for more enjoyable typing

agree with the g502 as being one of the best overall mice, otherwise a lot of good gaming mice will do well
I use a nice mechanical keyboard for more enjoyable typing

Do you mind sharing which keyboard you use? I type all my notes so just wondering if you’ve found a comfortable one. Thanks!

Do you mind sharing which keyboard you use? I type all my notes so just wondering if you’ve found a comfortable one. Thanks!
Amazon product

Probably on the louder side for typing, but I like the clicky sound. Other switches are less noisy. The wrist rest is very comfortable.

Edit: PC gamer exposed

I also have found success with a Huion tablet for contouring. I’ve used both modern wacoms and these - Wacom nibs are ‘better’, and but huions go on sale on amazon frequently and are way cheaper for the size. I have no objections with the Huion and lean that way for price alone. That being said, if I recall correctly, Wacom does have better ergonomic stand options for their tablets that allow serious articulating so it can lie over your lap, but those are $$$ (and also slightly cumbersome)

1) people getting serious wrist issues from contouring at a young age may a) need to train up their dosimetrists or b) be contouring too many superfluous structures lol

2) I was getting some wrist issues and the vertical mouse seemed to have helped. Takes a wee bit getting used to, won’t lie

1) people getting serious wrist issues from contouring at a young age may a) need to train up their dosimetrists or b) be contouring too many superfluous structures lol

2) I was getting some wrist issues and the vertical mouse seemed to have helped. Takes a wee bit getting used to, won’t lie

1 regular (high quality) mouse for work & 1 vertical mouse for home, or vice versa. Helps a ton to limit the repetitive stress

Along the same lines, are people using dragon for dictations? Any suggestions for dictations? I use a lot of dot phrases and have been typing all my notes but guessing there may be a more efficient way of getting notes done. Interested to hear what people are doing.

Dragon (or similar) + Epic with dot phrases is very efficient. You can program dot phrases to be inserted by a voice command and use the dragon handset thing to move through the fields. Its a great system!

Reactions: 2 users