DO Waitlist Support Thread 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1170743

Hey y'all!

I was placed on a waitlist today, wanted to start a thread for those in a similar position!

I interviewed 10/20

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am waitlisted as well☹️. I interviewed 10/17. I completed a SMP linked to the school and my physician LoR is both a professor at the school I interviewed and was one of my three interviewers.

Reactions: 1 user
I am waitlisted as well. I interviewed 10/17. I completed a SMP linked to the school and my physician LoR is both a professor at the school I interviewed and was one of my three interviewers.

Aw man, we got this. WL =/= R, I believe

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Aw man, we got this. WL =/= R, I believe
After a week of being down, I have decided to keep my hopes up. I will send in a letter of intent and try to get more experiences to add to my application. Also, I'm going to apply to additional schools and hope one of them results in an Acceptance.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm waitlist cursed haha...on 3 WL right now.
Does anyone know if there's movement Dec/Jan or is it typically around April/May?

I was hoping for Dec/Jan movement after the Dec. 14th date, but way more likely in May.

I was waitlisted today also for LECOM …does anyone know about their movement on their waitlist.

• Care
Placed on Alternate list on Nov 13. Hope the movement happen in Dec!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted-
NOORDA
Kansascom,
2 for 2 now ugh. I have one more interview in a month I guess third time is the charm?

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. Just waitlisted at TOURO Middletown, my dream school. :( does anyone know anything about waitlist movement there? Or am I doomed?

Waitlist movement for PCOM South Georgia???

Exactly 4 weeks. Many people who have gotten waitlisted in December were accepted around Jan/Feb. Good luck to you as well future classmate!

I also personally know a few people who have withdrawn their acceptance so hopefully the waitlist moves soon after the holidays.

Do you have a better chance of being accepted off a waitlist if you were waitlisted early in the cycle? I’m currently waitlisted since October at Lecom and Dec at PCOM S Georgia and I don’t have any other interviews scheduled. Starting to lose hope and just scheduled another MCAT for May 😵‍💫😵‍💫

Hi. Just waitlisted at TOURO Middletown, my dream school. :( does anyone know anything about waitlist movement there? Or am I doomed?

Aw, I’m sorry it wasn’t an A, but hey also wasn’t an R so good ****…. but also do you remember when ur interview was like the date? Mine was 1/8 and I haven’t heard back yet…

Just got accepted to PCOM South Georgia waitlist! Interview mid Dec and waitlisted in January. Sent letter of continued interest last week!

I only sent one letter last week just saying I was still very interested and I was put on the waitlist

I only sent one letter last week just saying I was still very interested and I was put on the waitlist
You sent the letter, and you were put on the waitlist after, or you got pulled off the waitlist and accepted?

lol no I was placed on the waitlist and just sent the letter last week stating I was placed on the waitlist but still very interested . I got accepted today

• Wow
lol no I was placed on the waitlist and just sent the letter last week stating I was placed on the waitlist but still very interested . I got accepted today
Thank you for the clarification, and congratulations!

Waitlisted at ACOM does anyone know if they accept LOIs. And how is there waitlist movement.
Thank you!

Waitlisted from PCOM SGA on 01/05.

Sitting on 3 waitlists 1 A and a pending decision right now, honestly at one point I hated being on the waitlist now I look at it as a blessing. I know for sure for 2 schools I would say no to and save like 4-5k of deposit money lol. Moral of the story is waitlists are not bad and you could be saving money later on the cycle!

Sitting on 3 waitlists 1 A and a pending decision right now, honestly at one point I hated being on the waitlist now I look at it as a blessing. I know for sure for 2 schools I would say no to and save like 4-5k of deposit money lol. Moral of the story is waitlists are not bad and you could be saving money later on the cycle!
If you already have an acceptance the waitlist is not so scary.

@totilue true but I also feel for DO schools if your on a waitlist more than 90 % of the time you will be pulled off. Half of the accepted class, have Acceptances at MD or in-state DOs, and then after May 1st half of the waitlist acceptances will be denied due to being accepted elsewhere and not wanting to deposit 2k.

• Care
Hence, why interviews are still being conducted through Spring a lot of colleges do not want to close the portal yet because they know they may or may not be able to fill up the class.

I have WLs at Touro and Western, as well as UCSD (MD), but no A's
1. Am I cooked?
2. I know I probably won't hear back from these schools until May at the earliest, but the idea of reapplying is dreadful. Anyone have any words of wisdom about preparing for a reapp while still waiting for waitlists?

I have WLs at Touro and Western, as well as UCSD (MD), but no A's
1. Am I cooked?
2. I know I probably won't hear back from these schools until May at the earliest, but the idea of reapplying is dreadful. Anyone have any words of wisdom about preparing for a reapp while still waiting for waitlists?
Just focus on your reapp. Get feedback from schools that rejected you who want to give you feedback. No WAMC post to know where your strategy is off.

You could get an offer at any time including inconvenient moments. If you get an offer when orientation is almost over, you have to drop everything to accept the spot.

WL at ARCOM earlier this week. Realistically it's my last chance of getting in anywhere this cycle, and I really do love the school and area. I sent an LOI and they've added it to my file, but they said WL is not ranked. Is there any hope for me? :confused:

yes @nmail0302 A LOT of hope! After May 1st many accepted students can only hold on to 1 seat. So I would cut the accepted class in half (125). Then cut that in 2/3rds because throughout the cycle 30 will drop off (80-90). You have to also remember the people on the waitlist also have plethora of other opportunities they will choose over ARCOM. The waitlist being unranked is great as it does not look at metrics so you got this!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
May WL movement couldn't come sooner o_O

WL moves a lot in a few months, I have heard of some students that got off days before the school began. The time I got off WL was literally about a year ago from now, so it could happen this week for all you know.

This cycle has been so weird lol: 4 waitlists, 1 acceptance. It is hard to fathom that getting waitlisted has been a higher probability.

If I am already holding a seat at one DO school, after May 1st, since my WL DO school will be notified of that, will that mean that I won't be getting off the wait-list after that date?

Got the WL email today from OSU-COM. Feeling pretty down. Any words of encouragement?
DO schools have a lot of waitlist movement because of accepted students who get MD offers and then end up not attending their program. If you have regional connections, that will also be a boost. I got off WL that way.

If I am already holding a seat at one DO school, after May 1st, since my WL DO school will be notified of that, will that mean that I won't be getting off the wait-list after that date?
Yes I would also like to know this. does accepting a seat at 1 DO school hurt my chances of getting off my WLs for other DO schools?