DO Schools with low amount of students accepting offer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sarko99

Reaction score
Hello,
I wanted to see if there were any schools that have not met their quotas for the amount of students they’d like to have for the upcoming class. I’m thinking about applying to those schools. Any advice helps!

Members don't see this ad.

First go to the AACOMAS portal and see if any schools are still accepting primary applications.
Many have already reached their submission deadline.

Reactions: 2 users
First go to the AACOMAS portal and see if any schools are still accepting primary applications.
Many have already reached their submission deadline.
Thanks for the advice. It seems most of the schools have deadlines in March April.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is an interesting approach however the schools I’ve seen in the past couple cycles don’t start really scrounging for students until after the app deadlines. May be worth a Reddit/sdn deep dive to see which schools offered spots to students for the cycle before the one they applied for. That would be a pretty obvious sign they’re having trouble filling their classes. I’m pretty sure I saw a post about Touro-Montana doing that last year. Regardless, if you have at all competitive stats it might be worth waiting until next cycle. Schools not being able to fill their classes is usually due to unappealing reasons more than just location.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Touro University Nevada (TUNCOM) has done some bizarre things to fill their class very late. My theory is that they hold out for relatively high stat applicants. A couple years ago they didn’t fill their class from the closing cycle so offered admission to several students who had just submitted apps, to start same week rather than same time next year, which is what they intended when they applied.

I believe one of the new Rocky Vista University campuses did something similar in the past couple years.

Reactions: 1 user
Podiatry schools. Pharmacy schools.
Pharmacy seems promising if you know what you are getting into, Podiatry seems sketchy because a ton of people who didn't get into med schools go there and yet the range of practice is niche. I'm sure it can go well but there is a risk of ending up like many of the Carribean students who have a hard time matching/practicing how and where they want.

Reactions: 1 user
Podiatry makes bank. My friend is a country podiatrist and is VERY successful. Their niche is gait, sports injuries, orthotically and surgically correcting foot deformities, diabetic foot care and wound care to name some issues they treat. In my experience, they are surgically quite skillful when staying in their lane. As an anesthesiologist, I used to get paid to watch people operate. The superior surgeons make the procedure look so easy that for a minute I believe I could do it . I always like working with the Pods.

Reactions: 3 users