DMU vs. NSU-KPCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amitriptylean

Reaction score
DMU-COM
Pros
  • Reputation for a really great DO program (to my understanding)
  • Lower COL in comparison
  • Impressive 2024 match list
  • Grew up in the Midwest, more familiar with climate
Cons
  • Climate (I don't like the cold lol)
  • I don't think pre-clinical years are P/F?

NSU-KPCOM
Pros
  • NSU offers an MD and DO program- I imagine there's a lot of crossover with faculty and may help if you want to take COMLEX and Step for competitive residencies
  • Clearwater campus is newer, better facilities
  • Sunshine certainly doesn't hurt
Cons
  • No cadaver lab to my understanding
  • Higher COL
  • Kinda concerned by rumors of bad experiences but not sure how much I should believe, especially since it was 3 years ago? (See NSUKPCOM name and shame reddit thread)

Both are DO programs, and I'm OOS for both. Unsure of what specialty I might want to pursue for residency. Both seem equal in less-than-ideal clinical rotation sites (p much across the board for DO programs) and solid job opportunities for my partner who's a drug design chemist (also a factor in my decision). Please chime in if I missed something!!!

Members don't see this ad.

DMU. Cheaper and they haven't had complaints in the past like Nova has. Nova having an MD program is not going to provide any benefits.

I just toured DMU, love the new facility. They seem really inclined on helping students. Also the A,B,C system is not as big of a factor in determining success, a good location, support system and resources will help you get those higher scores.

Reactions: 1 user