DCG (IS) vs Temple vs Pitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blikimore

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’ve been having a really hard time choosing between DCG, Temple, and Pittsburg. DCG is my instate school so it’s the cheapest (~ 300K with living, tuition & interest after 4 years). It’s about two and a half hours from me since I live in Atlanta, which I like cause I would be able to visit family frequently. The main downsides are that DCG is in Augusta, which is a pretty bad area that doesn’t have a lot going on and the school really lacks diversity as well, which is something I really wanted to have in a school. Pittsburg is the second cheapest since I got a scholarship from the school(~ 350K). The diversity is good at the school and Pittsburg from what I’ve seen online is a pretty nice city and the campus is the nicest of the three. The only thing is I will be a bit far from family in Atlanta so I wouldn’t be able to see them as often. The main dilemma is that, unlike DCG which doesn’t require COVID vaccination, Pitt does and because of medical reasons I’m not able to get the vaccination so I’ll have to do a nose swab once a week to test for Covid. This is also similar for Temple which has a Covid vaccination policy and for them I will have to test twice a week for Covid. Temple is also the most expensive (~470k)but the diversity at the school is the best of the three schools and the city is very diverse and rich with culture and lots of things to do which I like. It would also be cool to get to live in a big city and be up northeast where I’ve never lived before. Overall each of these schools has its positives and negatives but I was wondering which school you all think I should choose based on these factors.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I’ve been having a really hard time choosing between DCG, Temple, and Pittsburg. DCG is my instate school so it’s the cheapest (~ 300K with living, tuition & interest after 4 years). It’s about two and a half hours from me since I live in Atlanta, which I like cause I would be able to visit family frequently. The main downsides are that DCG is in Augusta, which is a pretty bad area that doesn’t have a lot going on and the school really lacks diversity as well, which is something I really wanted to have in a school. Pittsburg is the second cheapest since I got a scholarship from the school(~ 350K). The diversity is good at the school and Pittsburg from what I’ve seen online is a pretty nice city and the campus is the nicest of the three. The only thing is I will be a bit far from family in Atlanta so I wouldn’t be able to see them as often. The main dilemma is that, unlike DCG which doesn’t require COVID vaccination, Pitt does and because of medical reasons I’m not able to get the vaccination so I’ll have to do a nose swab once a week to test for Covid. This is also similar for Temple which has a Covid vaccination policy and for them I will have to test twice a week for Covid. Temple is also the most expensive (~470k)but the diversity at the school is the best of the three schools and the city is very diverse and rich with culture and lots of things to do which I like. It would also be cool to get to live in a big city and be up northeast where I’ve never lived before. Overall each of these schools has its positives and negatives but I was wondering which school you all think I should choose based on these factors.
cheapest