Policy Daylight Saving Time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lawpy

42% Full Member
7+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Reaction score

What are your thoughts? Should we just stick to one time and be done with it?

@Matthew9Thirtyfive @Cornfed101 @cubsrule4e @Stagg737 @Mad Jack @VA Hopeful Dr @ThoracicGuy etc?

Members don't see this ad.

They do just fine in Arizona without it. I say we nix it.

Reactions: 1 users

What are your thoughts? Should we just stick to one time and be done with it?

@Matthew9Thirtyfive @Cornfed101 @cubsrule4e @Stagg737 @Mad Jack @VA Hopeful Dr @ThoracicGuy etc?
It causes a hell of a lot of accidents when the clocks flip, I say be rid of it

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’d be okay with it being gone as long as we removed it during the period it gets darker sooner!

We should definitely keep daylight savings, but just fall back every six months so there’s none of that “losing an hour of sleep” BS.

pb211108.gif

Making it brighter in the morning is useless. Who cares about driving to work in the daylight (or dark if you work hard and get there early)? Prioritize having more daylight time after most people get home from work and have time with their kids. It's so stupid that we still shift so that it's lighter in the morning. Almost no one benefits from that in modern working America. Don't @ me.

Making it brighter in the morning is useless. Who cares about driving to work in the daylight (or dark if you work hard and get there early)? Prioritize having more daylight time after most people get home from work and have time with their kids. It's so stupid that we still shift so that it's lighter in the morning. Almost no one benefits from that in modern working America. Don't @ me.
I enjoy not dropping my children off for school when it's still dark.

I enjoy not dropping my children off for school when it's still dark.
Spending time getting ready for work and in the car in the sunlight in the morning < spending usable leisure time at home after work in the sunlight instead of the dark because it didn't get robbed by a time change.

The utility just isn't there for almost anyone in the morning.

Spending time getting ready for work and in the car in the sunlight in the morning < spending usable leisure time at home after work in the sunlight instead of the dark because it didn't get robbed by a time change.

The utility just isn't there for almost anyone in the morning.

My wife and I would disagree. It’s much nicer to have them wake up at a reasonable hour in time to get ready for school and not have to push them to get ready because they feel like it’s too early since the sun isn’t up.

This is how I feel. All my kids were awake at 5am

1636502481887.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Reactions: 1 users
I saw that earlier. I don't know why we don't just use standard time but I am glad we won't be changing our clocks back and forth anymore once it goes into effect.

More light at the end of the day is preferable to the beginning of the day, personally, especially for those of us in healthcare that get up in the dark and come home in the dark due to the time shift.