Dartmouth or IU??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TRPMinus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
k

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does it really make a difference which one I attend as far as my career goes? Given the fact that IU is 34k per year and Dartmouth is 60k?

Keep in mind with COA the more expensive school will be like 75-80K a year w/IU probably around 50K a year, not a net difference but a bigger overall difference in loan amount that could sway your opinion

Members don't see this ad :)
I couldn't justify the extra costs of Dartmouth over IU for 4 years, but it's ultimately your decision. Go where you'll be happiest, have the most support, and best chances of career advancement. Good luck. P.S. I'm not waitlisted either place, so have no ulterior motives.

Does it really make a difference which one I attend as far as my career goes? Given the fact that IU is 34k per year and Dartmouth is 60k?
No real difference in education between the schools. I would go IU.

IU, for sure. 100k difference over four years is a huge difference and there is nothing that Dartmouth offers you that warrants the increased debt burden. IU is a research powerhouse with incredible resources/funding, research centers and clinical facilities. IU is the top program in the state and its hospital system is top notch, which translates into incredible clinical, research and community-based opportunities.