Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations everyone, huge accomplishment all around. What a wild and crazy journey this has been, used 7 more of my 9 lives but made it! Guess I've officially wheeled to vet med.

I leave on Saturday to get my new service dog. Great ending.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
This girl
There’s one for vets who breed (animals...clarification needed in this context because there’s about 3 zillion “moms with a dvm” subgroups lol) or have an interest in repro you might be interested in, too. I can invite you if needed.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Definitely interested!
Interestingly, you didn’t pop up when I searched Finn. I found you though. Sometimes the admins of these groups want to see a pic your diploma or license before you get approved, so check your spam messages if you’re waiting to be approved for some.

• Haha
Interestingly, you didn’t pop up when I searched Finn. I found you though. Sometimes the admins of these groups want to see a pic your diploma or license before you get approved, so check your spam messages if you’re waiting to be approved for some.

Fair, though I guess I'm gonna have to wait a bit for approval if that's the case. Still waiting on the school to actually finish conferring my degree (waiting is so much fun).

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations everyone, huge accomplishment all around. What a wild and crazy journey this has been, used 7 more of my 9 lives but made it! Guess I've officially wheeled to vet med.

I’m excited for you!!! Do we have a name for the new baby yet? Or is it a surprise?

There’s one for vets who breed (animals...clarification needed in this context because there’s about 3 zillion “moms with a dvm” subgroups lol) or have an interest in repro you might be interested in, too. I can invite you if needed.
I read the first half of your sentence and was like "omg yes there is!" because holy crap the number of DVMoms groups that I've been suggested over the years... I'll stop there.

A fellow SDNer started a DVM-only, vulgar (mother forking!) cooking/baking group a year or two ago, too, if that floats anyone's boat I can add them.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

I'm done! Just gotta graduate tonight!
Cheered for you both from the comfort of my couch tonight!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I read the first half of your sentence and was like "omg yes there is!" because holy crap the number of DVMoms groups that I've been suggested over the years... I'll stop there.

A fellow SDNer started a DVM-only, vulgar (mother forking!) cooking/baking group a year or two ago, too, if that floats anyone's boat I can add them.
How could you mention this and not have already automatically added me

• Haha
Sending a huge shout-out to all of the graduates in the Veterinary Medicine Class of 2021!
You did it ... you're DOCTORS ... and I'm very happy for all of you! :biglove:

You're AMAZING!!!

congratsvet11.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

me me me!

Peering one week into the future with some trepidation. I don't know what it was about this past week, but throughout this entire clinical year, I've never felt less qualified to be a doctor than I do right now.

And exactly a month from today... I'm going to be teaching 4th years.

Ayyyiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeee

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Peering one week into the future with some trepidation. I don't know what it was about this past week, but throughout this entire clinical year, I've never felt less qualified to be a doctor than I do right now.

And exactly a month from today... I'm going to be teaching 4th years.

Ayyyiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeee
Teach them your wolfing ways and you'll be great!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Last minute packing has me freaking out so bad. Way less stuff fit in my escape than I thought. I'm just also really emotional all of the sudden. Been fine until this morning and it's hit me like a brick wall. 5 years of my life was spent here and I actually finally made it despite everything that happened.

• Care
I’m excited for you!!! Do we have a name for the new baby yet? Or is it a surprise?

I have no idea. My family has a gut feeling it'll be a female yellow lab this time. It's basically a surprise, they invite you to training once they feel they have a dog that fits. I'll train with many when I'm there though.

Last minute packing has me freaking out so bad. Way less stuff fit in my escape than I thought. I'm just also really emotional all of the sudden. Been fine until this morning and it's hit me like a brick wall. 5 years of my life was spent here and I actually finally made it despite everything that happened.

Yea, it's a strange feeling. It seems like it's all over so quickly, but it's been a long road for everyone. I'm so bad with taking photos I didn't get a single one from the graduation, but the memories are what matter most.

Congratulations everyone!!!! Even if it feels surreal, take the moment now to celebrate your accomplishments and don’t let imposter syndrome kick in just yet. You’ll have a lifetime of that ahead, so for now, own that you’ve earned your doctorate. No if and or buts!

Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations everyone!!!! Even if it feels surreal, take the moment now to celebrate your accomplishments and don’t let imposter syndrome kick in just yet. You’ll have a lifetime of that ahead, so for now, own that you’ve earned your doctorate. No if and or buts!

Pretty sure mine says "Legless doctorate," is that any different?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Ya girl graduated on Saturday, moved home yesterday, and got married today. Been a wild 72 hours!!

PS: the packing panic was solved by my friends taking over my packing to avoid their packing lol

• Love
Reactions: 25 users
Ya girl graduated on Saturday, moved home yesterday, and got married today. Been a wild 72 hours!!

PS: the packing panic was solved by my friends taking over my packing to avoid their packing lol
Congrats!!!

• Love
There was a hurricane-level deluge during our graduation, and it was incredibly fitting for this year.

Couldn't even hear myself while taking the oath, but I took it! ☺️

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Hey guys, did anyone get approved for accommodation on NAVLE and take it over two days? I have a question about how scheduling works?

Apartment complex was iffy on my dog since she's an "aggressive" breed. Sent them a couple of pics with her used as a therapy dog with kids and they're like "she is gorgeous. We will discuss pet owner policies once you arrive." I'm hoping I'm in the clear now lol...... can't wait to own a home so I don't have to deal with this

Reactions: 8 users
can't wait to own a home so I don't have to deal with this

I feel this.

I don't have to deal with the aggressive breed stigma, but I do have the "multiple pets and landlords don't like that" issue. I've gotten very lucky with the rental I'm in now, but I really don't desire to repeat the painful process of seeking a rental that accepts my animals.