Class of 08 Clerkships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Dr_Feelgood

So where is everyone going???

My rotations are:

June-NW Podiatric (Swedish)
July-PSL
August-KPRP
Septmber-DMC or UPMC-Southside
October-February-Broadlawns MC

Members don't see this ad.

My rotations are:

July-PSL
August-KPRP

Those are pretty good programs. I hope that you will have a good time at KPRP, like I did when I was an extern there.

Feelgood, I'm going to DMC as well :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Say hi to Ben he will be a 2nd year resident at that time. He is super cool but an easy win a ping pong and pool. Just don't plan fooseball b/c he is a ringer.

Say hi to Ben he will be a 2nd year resident at that time. He is super cool but an easy win a ping pong and pool. Just don't plan fooseball b/c he is a ringer.

oh cool - I know they should also have another second or third year resident from DMU, I met her during our residency fair at OCPM but for godsake i cannot remember her name - she was really cool and helpful but I ended up losing her card and name lol

oh cool - I know they should also have another second or third year resident from DMU, I met her during our residency fair at OCPM but for godsake i cannot remember her name - she was really cool and helpful but I ended up losing her card and name lol

Doctor Verville

My rotations are:

July-PSL
August-KPRP

Dr Feelgood,

What program is KPRP?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr Feelgood,

What program is KPRP?

As jonwill said, KPRP is Kentucky Podiatric Residency Program. It is a great program. It was one of my best externships that I did when I was student. My fellow classmate is now an attending at the residency program after completing the KPRP.

As Jon and dpmgrad have stated it is Kentucky Podiatric Residency Program.

Maybe it was my warning they think that the directors are going to read their comments and tell them to eat it. :)

Jon, I really wanted to go to DMC but they are really screwing up. They still have not contact me, they can't find my app, but when I call they blow me off. So I'm just going to go to South Side now and try to visit DMC. It pisses me off.

Hey Feelgood, no one wants to tell you where they are going! It must be a SECRET :scared:

Its a dog-eat-dog world out there. If I tell Feelgood where I am going, he will steal them all. :laugh:

Im just waiting for everything to be set before I post. I still have not heard from everyone.

Its a dog-eat-dog world out there. If I tell Feelgood where I am going, he will steal them all. :laugh:

Im just waiting for everything to be set before I post. I still have not heard from everyone.
Well I know that you've heard from the program where I am currently at. You and JD are in baby.

Hey Feelgood, no one wants to tell you where they are going! It must be a SECRET :scared:

All right fine. You never know what might change between now and June though.
June:?
July:Mercy and Unity, MN
August: St Josephs, MI
Sept: Regions, MN
Oct-Jan: Detroit Med Center
Feb: private practice Hawaii

All right fine. You never know what might change between now and June though.
June:?
July:Mercy and Unity, MN
August: St Josephs, MI
Sept: Regions, MN
Oct-Jan: Detroit Med Center
Feb: private practice Hawaii

Hawaii in feb? Where will the wife and kid be?

I knew I shudda went to DMU.

ok here's what i have confirmed

DMC
OSU medical center
NY methodist hospital

Well I know that you've heard from the program where I am currently at. You and JD are in baby.

Well, they were the ones that I havent officially heard from yet. But if you are confident then I will put them down as "good possibility".

June - OFF (Vacation in Hawaii)
July - Tucson VA/University of Arizona
Aug - Albuquerque, NM VA
Sept - Detroit Medical Center
Oct - Oakwood (Michigan)
Nov-Jan - Private practice (Different locations)
Feb-May - "The Lawns"

Hawaii in feb? Where will the wife and kid be?

I knew I shudda went to DMU.

Well for now the plan is they will stay home for the first three weeks and fly out for the last week. Housing is really expensive! The problem I'm having is deciding if I want to spend the month at a multispecialty clinc on Kauai or at a single doc practice on Maui. If you want the name of some pods who will take an extern for a month let me know Krab.

Well for now the plan is they will stay home for the first three weeks and fly out for the last week. Housing is really expensive! The problem I'm having is deciding if I want to spend the month at a multispecialty clinc on Kauai or at a single doc practice on Maui. If you want the name of some pods who will take an extern for a month let me know Krab.

If I have to repeat my 4th year again I will surely ask.

I'd go multispecialty - b/c what if you don't like the one doc?

So I'll plan my visit a different week _ lol

bump bump bump

If I have to repeat my 4th year again I will surely ask.

I'd go multispecialty - b/c what if you don't like the one doc?

So I'll plan my visit a different week _ lol

If you don't get "that one month" figured out, you may be repeating your forth year!!! Are you going to Central?

If you don't get "that one month" figured out, you may be repeating your forth year!!! Are you going to Central?

I will definitely look out for you at Central.

I am interviewing with

PSL
Ohio
North Co
East Orlando
Inova

What about you?

I do not think I will be repeating the 4th year - just kidding.

Feelgood-

I would be very interested in hearing about your time at Swedish. I'm from the Seattle area and when I'm home over summer am planning on spending some time down there (I'm only a lowly 1st year though). A ways off, but just curious.

Dens

Feelgood-

I would be very interested in hearing about your time at Swedish. I'm from the Seattle area and when I'm home over summer am planning on spending some time down there (I'm only a lowly 1st year though). A ways off, but just curious.

Dens

Please PM me next summer and I will try to help out.

podman is going to west penn for a month! :D

What month? There will be lots of DMU students at West Penn. If it is during September we'll have to get together and eat lunch.

What month? There will be lots of DMU students at West Penn. If it is during September we'll have to get together and eat lunch.

they told me sept/oct. but I'd rather get it done in september because i want to shadow a group practice in october.

Lunch sounds great :D

Maybe it was my warning they think that the directors are going to read their comments and tell them to eat it. :)

Jon, I really wanted to go to DMC but they are really screwing up. They still have not contact me, they can't find my app, but when I call they blow me off. So I'm just going to go to South Side now and try to visit DMC. It pisses me off.

Try and get it straightened out. I'd call them if I were you and and discuss what is going on. It doesn't sound like them. You don't want to sell yourself short. It is easily one of the best programs in the nation.

I've heard good things about UPMC-SS so I'm going there. They've lost the interest of most of the DMU students now.

I've heard good things about UPMC-SS so I'm going there. They've lost the interest of most of the DMU students now.

I was told that they have 2 second core students and then a handful of your classmates will be spending a month there. I don't know much about UPMC but I think a few of my classmates rotated there.

I know that they have the 2 core, but they've lost the 4 Pi Delts that were interested. I have not heard much from anyone else either. Most people are pissed that they are jerking us around.

I know that they have the 2 core, but they've lost the 4 Pi Delts that were interested. I have not heard much from anyone else either. Most people are pissed that they are jerking us around.

Pi Delts are usually pretty worthless anyway ;) You've got to understand that it is one of the high-powered programs so it is going to be very competitive for externship. That is why I suggest calling them if you are still interested. With as many applications as they received this year, some mistakes were bound to be made. I know it is frustrating to get your 4th year set up. But by not looking into it, you are only hurting yourself. I cannot imagine a better program out there. One of the first years that is currently there has only been on podiatry 3 months (internship year) and already logged over 200 cases.

they've lost the 4 Pi Delts that were interested.
:laugh: I hope they don't have to close the program down now! You guys must have been too busy having some secret society meeting to answer your phone.

Pi Delts are usually pretty worthless anyway ;) You've got to understand that it is one of the high-powered programs so it is going to be very competitive for externship. That is why I suggest calling them if you are still interested. With as many applications as they received this year, some mistakes were bound to be made. I know it is frustrating to get your 4th year set up. But by not looking into it, you are only hurting yourself. I cannot imagine a better program out there. One of the first years that is currently there has only been on podiatry 3 months (internship year) and already logged over 200 cases.

I'm going to visit but I decided not to go b/c they made up a BS story to cover the fact they made a mistake. It wasn't the application volume it was they listed the wrong address in the Clerkship handbook. When I called and emailed they told me they just moved that is why the address was wrong; they were waiting for all of the mail to get there. They would call me when they came across my app. I also emailed them and was blown off.

The same goes for other students that have tried to get a hold of them. I think that they are too proud to admit a mistake and they lost all of the apps.

:laugh: I hope they don't have to close the program down now! You guys must have been too busy having some secret society meeting to answer your phone.

We are busy doing secret stuff and going into the secret halls of DMU where we have secret ceremonies where we mainly arm wrestle. :laugh:

I guess my biggest thing is I don't want to go somewhere that they would lie to cover a little mistake. It really turned me off. I would have been happy to send another app but the don't call us we'll call you response was a shock.

I guess my biggest thing is I don't want to go somewhere that they would lie to cover a little mistake. It really turned me off. I would have been happy to send another app but the don't call us we'll call you response was a shock.

Ya, I remember them switching offices but I don't think that they are lying to anyone. You didn't call them up and act all pissy did you? :eek: OH, so that is why they won't call you back :laugh:

Ya, I remember them switching offices but I don't think that they are lying to anyone. You didn't call them up and act all pissy did you? :eek: OH, so that is why they won't call you back :laugh:

No I called and asked if they had recieved my app and when they would make a decision (I had to leave a message).

Oh well, their loss.:laugh:

No I called and asked if they had recieved my app and when they would make a decision (I had to leave a message).

Oh well, their loss.:laugh:

Spoke with one of the 1st years tonight. There was a mix-up in the mailroom of the new building so that slowed things down quite a bit. They read me a list of all the people from DMU externing there (there are quite a few). Your name was not on the list. They said that, if you are still interested, shoot one of the residents an e-mail. So, if you still have an open month, PM me and I'll give you one of their personal e-mail addresses. If not, don't worry about it.

Hello all, I'm pretty new to the forum, but maybe I'll meet some of you out on externship in the next 18 months. 4th years, good luck on interviews the next several weeks. This is what I got confirmed to extern at:

Jan.'07- West Penn
Mar/April- Penn Presby
April/May- Graduate Hospital
May/June- CCF
July/Aug.- UMDNJ
Jan.'08- U of FL.?

Hello all, I'm pretty new to the forum, but maybe I'll meet some of you out on externship in the next 18 months. 4th years, good luck on interviews the next several weeks. This is what I got confirmed to extern at:

Jan.'07- West Penn
Mar/April- Penn Presby
May/June- CCF
July/Aug.- UMDNJ
Jan.'08- U of FL.?

Anybody else got anything confirmed?

Jan.'07- West Penn
Mar/April- Penn Presby
May/June- CCF
July/Aug.- UMDNJ
Jan.'08- U of FL.?

Out of curiosity, have you heard back from Graduate hospital? I know that Graduate Hospital has been sold and is being converted to a Rehabilitation hospital. I think that you might still be able to extern there in April / May but you should confirm with them before going there.