Chillest radiology fellowship programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yungspleen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For people who have gone through the interview process, what were some programs (and in which subspecialties) that stood out as exceptionally chill? Please save your high-horse "fellowship shouldn't be chill it's a time to learn to handle attending workload" comments, I'm just genuinely curious

Members don't see this ad.

There more trainees overall, the more chill the program tends to be (as long as you’re not taking attending call).

Not a hard and fast rule, but a general trend. If you’re the sole MSK fellow, expect to be the workhorse compared to a place with 4 msk fellows and a huge residency where multiple residents do mini fellowships in msk

As a fellow you cover a lot of conferences, which you almost never do as a resident. Being in a fellowship w 1-2 fellows means you are prob covering a conference every other week which I currently do and is hell.

Members don't see this ad :)
any chill neuro fellowships?? Need help with rank list

Neuro on average will have higher acuity and more call. Less relaxed outpatient pace in most academic centers where fellowships are.

I have heard USC is chill but that's just hearsay. Mayo also apparently is not fellow-reliant but Rochester is a tough sell. Your best bet is to contact recent grads of your program and see how their liked their fellowships and the vibes they got on interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Breast is best for lifestyle. Most are 4 days with 1 day of academic.