General Admissions & OTCAS Chances of acceptance- worried applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mangoflow64

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've been waitlisted/ rejected from a few programs and i'm starting to get worried :/

GPA- 3.60
Pre-req- 3.7- 3.8

I'm still waiting on Columbia, NYU, USC (deferred from early admin) , WashU-STL,and tufts
Is anyone else still waiting on WashU- STL? I feel like everyone else has gotten their decision from them >.<

I recently got a B in Anatomy so I know that was probably the deciding factor for some schools I was rejected from. (considering they rejected me as soon as they received my grade... -.-)

So far waitlisted from UPITT and IU so at least I have some hope...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was accepted to Wash U and put a deposit down, but I recently was accepted to my #1 school, so once I put a deposit down at my #1 I'm going to tell WashU I won't be attending, so that will open up another spot there!

I was accepted to Wash U and put a deposit down, but I recently was accepted to my #1 school, so once I put a deposit down at my #1 I'm going to tell WashU I won't be attending, so that will open up another spot there!
Thanks for letting me know biostudent963! :) Hopefully that spot will be for me!;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also still waiting on WUSTL! I emailed Martha last week to ask about my application status, but I haven't heard back...I'm nervous because I too have noticed a lot of people getting accepted already! I've also only had rejections and waitlists so far...and I got a B in Anat./Phys. as well. Seems like we are in the same boat! I applied to NYU and Tufts, too. Keep me posted if you hear anything! We can't give up yet :)

I'm also still waiting on WUSTL! I emailed Martha last week to ask about my application status, but I haven't heard back...I'm nervous because I too have noticed a lot of people getting accepted already! I've also only had rejections and waitlists so far...and I got a B in Anat./Phys. as well. Seems like we are in the same boat! I applied to NYU and Tufts, too. Keep me posted if you hear anything! We can't give up yet :)
Thanks for the reply katland3, it's a relief to know i'm not in this agonizing journey alone :( got me a little teary eyed lol. Really wish you best of luck and I will definitely keep you updated!

Also, I talked to Martha on the phone about a month ago and she told me we should be hearing probably in 3 weeks... So around now.. :shrug:..She didn't sound too sure though

Reactions: 1 user
When I got my WashU acceptance I had to put a deposit down in October, and then they said I would need to put another one down in March, so they probably will send out more letters once that second deposit date passes? I want to make sure I have everything confirmed with my #1 school before I pull the plug on WashU so that's why I haven't passed on my spot yet. Don't lose hope! :)

That's understandable biostudent963, congrats on your acceptances! And yes hopefully by March, there will be more news.

Last edited:
I called WUSTL today and they said that all letters are expected to be sent out by the end of April...

Hey guys!

I've been waitlisted/ rejected from a few programs and i'm starting to get worried :/

GPA- 3.60
Pre-req- 3.7- 3.8

I'm still waiting on Columbia, NYU, USC (deferred from early admin) , WashU-STL,and tufts
Is anyone else still waiting on WashU- STL? I feel like everyone else has gotten their decision from them >.<

I recently got a B in Anatomy so I know that was probably the deciding factor for some schools I was rejected from. (considering they rejected me as soon as they received my grade... -.-)

So far waitlisted from UPITT and IU so at least I have some hope...

The average GPA for the incoming class last year was around a 3.6 for WUSTL, so I don't think your B is going to hurt you :) I think they look at a lot of other things in the application as well.

Yeah my sister called and they told her the same thing (agonizing to have to wait so long :/). Thanks for the update anyways katland3! :)

Otlady, thanks for the info, it's good to know!