MD Chances and Any School Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I just got my MCAT score back so I will repost my previous thread with my score if anyone wants to help. I am greatly interested in a research focused program given my extensive research experience in undergrad, so if you have any suggestions please do share :)

GPA: 3.95 (One non A class in Calc II)

EC:
-->90 hours ER volunteering
--> 150 hours Red Cross
ps: I feel like I am lacking in volunteering hours (?)
--> 1400 hours medical scribing
--> about 2900 hours in Biology research (got award)+ national conference, got accepted into a summer research program, and started research at a top Medical school
--> founder and president of a research club
--> 360 hours TA for a class
--> 669 hours Leader of the Tutoring Team/ Department
--> 50 hours Shadowed physicians abroad in a developing country
ps: I edited the hours since my last post and my advisor said I need to estimate future hours as well, so I added what I already have twice because I will probably keep on doing what Im doing for a year. ( Is that what everyone does? in terms of hour estimation for future work in something you are already doing?)

MCAT: 512 (127-126-128-131)... being a psych minor paid off after all!

Rec letters: 2 from science faculty (one is research advisor), 1 from psych professor, and 1 DO doctor and 1 from a Physician assistant

School list:
MD: (Michigan Resident)
Central Michigan
Rosalind Franklin
Cooper
Drexel
Duke (their MCAT mean is 519 from what I know so it might be stretch)
Howard
Mayo Clinic (My advisor thinks I have a good chance there given their research focus)
Loma Linda
Meharry
MSU
Morehouse
NEOMED
OU Beaumont
Tulane
Uni of Arkansas
University of California, riverside
University of Michigan (Stretch?)
Wayne state
West virginia
Western Michigan
Wright state uni boonshoft

Thanks in advance!

A question on the side: I can apply before my rec letters come in and then they follow my application once its submitted. Right?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you URM? If not, remove Howard, Morehouse and Meharry.

Also remove UCR, Arkansas, and Cooper.

Yes, I think your volunteering is very light. I don’t see “get out if your comfort zone helping the less fortunate” on your application. You should really have shadowing in the US.

And yes, you can put estimated hours on your app but theyre not at all regarded the same as ones already completed.

Reactions: 1 users