career options/further studies for international post graduate student in USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studying forever

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I completed my post graduation in periodontology, 2023 july in India and moved to USA on H4 visa. I want to pursue my career in dentistry. Here are the questions in my mind and i don't have any idea how to go further, so posting here to get some inputs.
1) What would be the job options where i will be able to start my practice or start working in dental institutions?
2) What is the probability of considering my P.G degree in applying for residency colleges or working in their dental institutions ?
3) Is INBDE the only option to continue as a dentist or are there any other options ?

Please suggest on these and thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

1) What would be the job options where i will be able to start my practice or start working in dental institutions?
Either faculty at a clinic setting or Research, u will have to knock on lots of doors

2) What is the probability of considering my P.G degree in applying for residency colleges or working in their dental institutions ?
we already talked about the dental institutions, so applying for residency yeah is an option is a redo but is an option, seen some international dentist w a postgrad doing it again in the states, just keep in mind if u go that route u will practice at a limited # of states (https://internationaldentistcentral...can-practice-after-doing-a-residency-program/), unless u get a DMD or DDS

3) Is INBDE the only option to continue as a dentist or are there any other options ?
if U want to get a degree yeah, for u to apply to a DMD or DDS or go thru a residency / AEGD or GPR u need the INBDE there is no work around this. Now In Minnesota you can try what is stated in this page - Graduates of Non-CODA Accredited International Dental Education Programs / Minnesota Board of Dentistry