MD & DO Can someone help with school list? 508, 3.68 sgpa, 3.5 cgpa (older applicant)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmedx

Reaction score
!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your DO list is good but can you afford the non resident tuition at MSUCOM ? I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Oregon
TCU-UNT
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Rosalind Franklin
Tulane
NOVA MD
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Seton Hall
Albany
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
The Jesuit schools are looking for applicants with many more hours of clinical and non clinical volunteering than you have. You also had several state public schools on your list that accept few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Your DO list is good but can you afford the non resident tuition at MSUCOM ? I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Oregon
TCU-UNT
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Rosalind Franklin
Tulane
NOVA MD
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Seton Hall
Albany
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
The Jesuit schools are looking for applicants with many more hours of clinical and non clinical volunteering than you have. You also had several state public schools on your list that accept few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state.

Thank you!

Which schools are Jesuit from my list? I didn't include new York mc and seton hall due to mandatory attendance policy. What were your next 2 choices give my stats?

Thank you!

Which schools are Jesuit from my list? I didn't include new York mc and seton hall due to mandatory attendance policy. What were your next 2 choices give my stats?
Georgetown, Creighton and Loyola. They have a fourth one - St.Louis University.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!

Add more DO schools such as KCU-COM, Touro-NY, MU-COM.

Thanks! What about places like Wright State and Wake Forest? Why not those two?
You could try Wake Forest. Wright State is an Ohio state public school that prefers Ohio residents. They accept a significant number of non residents but many would be those who attended undergraduate school in Ohio, former residents and URM.

You could try Wake Forest. Wright State is an Ohio state public school that prefers Ohio residents. They accept a significant number of non residents but many would be those who attended undergraduate school in Ohio, former residents and URM.
perfect ty!

Add more DO schools such as KCU-COM, Touro-NY, MU-COM.
How's this?

AZCOM
CCOM
DMU
PCOM
ATSU-SOMA
MSUCOM
MUCOM
NYITCOM
UNECOM
RVUCOM
ROWAN

Not to thrilled living is places like Kansas or kirksville.

Touro NY vs CA in your opinion?

I'm going with your MD list plus these 4

Wake forest
UA Phoenix
UA Arizona
Creighton

🤞🤞🤞

I forget to mention I went to college in AZ.

How's this?

AZCOM
CCOM
DMU
PCOM
ATSU-SOMA
MSUCOM
MUCOM
NYITCOM
UNECOM
RVUCOM
ROWAN

Not to thrilled living is places like Kansas or kirksville.

Touro NY vs CA in your opinion?
Then don’t apply to those schools. Only apply to,schools you will attend if it is your only acceptance. Don’t waste your time and money or the schools time and resources.

My final list. I kept Loyola as I feel I would be a good match even given their Jesuit foundations. But Creighton and the other Jesuits I def agree as no go. I changed DO list a bit. I'm tempted to just apply DO this cycle and get in somewhere hopefully. I really don't care if I go MD or DO, however some people in my life don't agree with my sentiment... ☺️

What do you think?

MD

TCU-UNT
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Rosalind Franklin
Tulane
NOVA
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington