can a foriegn national apply directly to RESIDENCY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalworld

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends,

Does anyone have info wheather a foriegn national can apply dierctly to dental residency in states like Washington or NJ .I have gone through the websites but still bit confused.I have alreadytaken Part 1 exam ..

How much is the minimum score to get to such program...i m thinking either of pedo or endo which accept foreign nationals.

please provide some light on this.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

dentalworld said:
Hi Friends,

Does anyone have info wheather a foriegn national can apply dierctly to dental residency in states like Washington or NJ .I have gone through the websites but still bit confused.I have alreadytaken Part 1 exam ..

How much is the minimum score to get to such program...i m thinking either of pedo or endo which accept foreign nationals.

thanks
relax and visit www.adea.org and visit pass search engine for residencies..it gives full details about each program here in usa,its deadlines,requirements and eligibility..
goodluck
roopsee :p

Hello !!!!
I'm sorry because I cannot answer to your question because I have no idea how you can get a residency in those states .
I would like to ask you if you can help me with some information about NBDE Part I ( you already had it ) .
I'm going to have it next year and I do not know anything can help me in my studying .
thank you so much !
Good luck in everything you're doing !
With kind regards ,

miha . ( [email protected] )

dentalworld said:
Hi Friends,

thanks

HI everyone,

I finished Master course ( Orthodontics ) in Republic of Korea, i got DDS degree from Vietnam.
Im in US now and plan to join a program for foreigner dentist ( advanced standing program ) then study Ortho in US .....
Any chance or program for me to join?
can i apply for residence in Ortho department?
I really need information about that,
Just want to prepare for it asap,

Thank you so much,