Coursework & Fieldwork Buying or Renting Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agingold

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you in programs already, what's your advice for buying versus renting textbooks?
Money-wise, I would love to save money by not purchasing everything, but if it definitely pays off to just go ahead and buy I would re-consider.

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you in programs already, what's your advice for buying versus renting textbooks?
Money-wise, I would love to save money by not purchasing everything, but if it definitely pays off to just go ahead and buy I would re-consider.
Practicing OT here:
Definitely buy your Phys Dys and Peds books as you will likely need them more than one semester, AND you will want them when studying for the NBCOT exam.You may also want to keep whatever Mental Health book you have to get for studying for the boards as well. The others you might be able to get away with renting, but it's hard to know if you will need them more than one semester, and the school may not be able to tell you. Buy used regardless.

Reactions: 2 users