Best states to practice in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Midland, Amarillo? Sure. Kinda. Just got a Weatherby ad for somewhere 45 minutes outside Amarillo for 3k per 24. 8500 volume. Hard pass. Too much work for not enough pay. You won't be sleeping those 24s.
Lubbock is starting a residency program. There's not much out there currently.
B/CS is saturated.
The valley is open if you want to work for HCA/Envision. There's some openings on Beaumont. Occasionally you'll see stuff in DFW, but with the mass exodus from freestandings most of those are filled pretty quickly.

Weatherby and comphealth low ball so much these days. Anytime they've called me and I've heard them out, it's disappointing.

125/hr is so terrible.

I've heard up to $300/hr in the valley. But my wife will never be willing to move there :p we're moving in a year or so and trying to figure out where to go. Currently contracted at 265/hr for 1.7 pph roughly as IC (2.3 pph with mlp). Just don't want to take any massive pay cut on the move.

The el paso jobs I'm seeing, even though some advertise $300/hr, the PPH is a lot more, they will squeeze out every bit out of you :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The el paso jobs I'm seeing, even though some advertise $300/hr, the PPH is a lot more, they will squeeze out every bit out of you :p
I've heard some rumors of shops out there. It's not a bad area, but yeah, not moving there.