Below Minimum SGPA But Doing Masters? Auto-Screened and Rejected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hieto99

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am wondering for dental schools that have a minimum sGPA (Midwestern/Howard/etc) - do they still look at/accept students who did a Masters Program even though my sGPA might not hit there criteria minimums. I understand a Master's is calculated separately from the undergrad GPA so I basically can't raise my undergrad anymore unless I specifically went to community college or did a post bacc. However, I am honestly a little worried I might get screened out automatically and not even considered at certain dental schools because of my past poor performances. I am currently getting my Master's so I'm looking at schools I should apply too etc.

Any advice is appreciated it! Thank you!

While I'm on the topic - any schools you would recommend for lower sGPA that I should look at for the future? Decent DAT (20AA) and 21 TS but I made some mistakes in my past :/

Members don't see this ad.

Midwestern takes a lot of masters students so I don't think they screen students out.

if you have a low sGPA, apply to all the expensive schools

Midwestern takes a lot of masters students so I don't think they screen students out.

if you have a low sGPA, apply to all the expensive schools

I can confirm this or Midwestern Arizona. I had a sub 3.0 sGPA and a much higher masters' sGPA and they auto-reject me 1 week after applying. Worst $110 ever expended. Midwestern Illinois in the other hand haven't rejected me yet, neither did Howard.