Masters/PostBacc or apply more broadly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre-dent06

Reaction score
I have average DAT scores, but a low science GPA (3.14). I only applied to 4 school this past cycle and I'm on one waitlist. Should I do a Masters/Postbacc or apply more broadly?

I have a certain dental school that I would love to go to, but I'm also in a predicament where I just want to be a dentist and wouldn't mind applying to private institutions to get to my goal.

TIA!

Members don't see this ad.

Does the dental school you want to go to have a postbacc/masters attached to it? Also, why did you only apply to 4 schools? and what is your DAT score breakdown?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does the dental school you want to go to have a postbacc/masters attached to it? Also, why did you only apply to 4 schools? and what is your DAT score breakdown?
The school does not have a program attached to it, but suggested a different university to get a masters in. I applied to 4 schools because of cost of applying, location, and I had really good recommendations.

PAT: 22

QR: 19

RC: 22

BIO: 22

GC: 19

OC: 20

TS: 20

AA: 20

Did you get any other interviews? Any indication of placement on the WL?

I presume you have done followup with the school.
No other interviews and I have no current knowledge of my place on the WL. Is it respectful to ask the school where I sit?

I've sent a letter of interest/follow up but was told that they didn't know when they can get back to me. They even noted that it could possibly be even right before school starts before I get a response.

I have average DAT scores, but a low science GPA (3.14). I only applied to 4 school this past cycle and I'm on one waitlist. Should I do a Masters/Postbacc or apply more broadly?

I have a certain dental school that I would love to go to, but I'm also in a predicament where I just want to be a dentist and wouldn't mind applying to private institutions to get to my goal.

TIA!
1st 18/20
2nd 17/18
now you are saying 20/20
did you retake?
now your sGPA is 3.14
you said you submitted to 6 schools, but now say 4?

1st 18/20
2nd 17/18
now you are saying 20/20
did you retake?
now your sGPA is 3.14
you said you submitted to 6 schools, but now say 4?
Yep! I retook my DAT. I had an academic advisor say that the way I calculated my previous sGPA was incorrect and they provided me with the one I listed above. I also changed my list of schools I applied to. I took out some of the schools because of location.

Yep! I retook my DAT. I had an academic advisor say that the way I calculated my previous sGPA was incorrect and they provided me with the one I listed above. I also changed my list of schools I applied to. I took out some of the schools because of location.
oh, wow
congrats on the improvement on the retake

what schools did you apply to?
where did you get interviews at?
which school waitlisted you?

oh, wow
congrats on the improvement on the retake

what schools did you apply to?
where did you get interviews at?
which school waitlisted you?
Thank you!
UNC, ECU, VCU, UTHSC
ECU interview & waitlist
Haven’t heard anything from ECU and I’ve already sent a letter of intent

Thank you!
UNC, ECU, VCU, UTHSC
ECU interview & waitlist
Haven’t heard anything from ECU and I’ve already sent a letter of intent
have you asked ecu for an application review session?