Beat the Boards, Board Vitals or something else?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lockian

Magical Thinking Encouraged
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing BTB is the definitive study resource, but the question bank seems... too easy somehow? (I got reimbursed for BTB as CME, so cost is no issue). I tried the board vitals free questions and those seemed a little more challenging, though overall my score was the same as on BTB so far. Is there a qbank score I should be shooting for on the BTB qbank? I know BV gives you the option to compare against your peers, but I can't do that under free trial mode.

Members don't see this ad.

I keep hearing BTB is the definitive study resource, but the question bank seems... too easy somehow? (I got reimbursed for BTB as CME, so cost is no issue). I tried the board vitals free questions and those seemed a little more challenging, though overall my score was the same as on BTB so far. Is there a qbank score I should be shooting for on the BTB qbank? I know BV gives you the option to compare against your peers, but I can't do that under free trial mode.
im board studying, and did both of those q banks and agree that BTB seemed easy, but after finishing both i think BTB i averaged 80% and BV about 75%. BV can get fairly hard sometimes.

no idea which is more represenative of the test tho

Didn't use any other resources, but I thought Beat the Boards was solid. Yes, the questions are laughably simple, but the content itself is solid. The "practice questions" aren't intended to replicate ABPN questions but, instead, to test your knowledge of the content. If you do well on the questions - indicating at least some understanding of the content - you will almost certainly do well on the exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't use any other resources, but I thought Beat the Boards was solid. Yes, the questions are laughably simple, but the content itself is solid. The "practice questions" aren't intended to replicate ABPN questions but, instead, to test your knowledge of the content. If you do well on the questions - indicating at least some understanding of the content - you will almost certainly do well on the exam.
Thanks nick, this is solid information. Do you think BTB covered everything well?

I'm preparing for CL certification this year and I have a Beat the Boards group discount open. We need 3+ people to hit 50 and get the guaranteed 50% off. If there's anyone interested in enrolling, please post your email here if comfortable or send it to me privately and I can provide all the details. Thank you!!

I'm preparing for CL certification this year and I have a Beat the Boards group discount open. We need 3+ people to hit 50 and get the guaranteed 50% off. If there's anyone interested in enrolling, please post your email here if comfortable or send it to me privately and I can provide all the details. Thank you!!
Hello, I'm interested in joining in on this if there is still room! [email protected] and [email protected]. Thanks!

BTB and Kenny & Spiegel seemed to be adequate for what could be studied for on the board exam. A time or two through and you’ll feel reasonably confident. Hopefully that results in good news come December.

Reactions: 1 user
Any chance that I can still join this? Thanks!

Hi LPPsych19: I am interested in BTB 50% off code for child psychiatry. Can you kindly include me ? My email is [email protected]. Many thanks!!

Is BTB worth it? Some of friends tell me that Spiegel and Mypsychboard are good and more cost effective

I'm a neurology resident interested in creating a group of 5 for the 50% discount for beat the boards for neurology exam, NOT step 2 or 3... If you're interested please let me know.

Ive done psychiatryboardprep boardvitals and mypsychboard, mypsychboard is rather easy tbh im not sure youll get what you are looking for

I'm a neurology resident interested in creating a group of 5 for the 50% discount for beat the boards for neurology exam, NOT step 2 or 3... If you're interested please let me know.
I am interested, but will it work for the psychiatry exam?

Hi all, I am looking for a study partner for initial child psychiatry boards. Between new jobs and kid, i suppose it will be a nice way to have a dedicated study time. Plz lemme know. Thanks

I also found BTB easy and not sufficient for the board. We had access to BV through our hospital. The questions can be difficult, but I did not find them relevant for the actual exam. I liked Myspsychboard because it was up to date and relevant.

Reactions: 2 users
I also found BTB easy and not sufficient for the board. We had access to BV through our hospital. The questions can be difficult, but I did not find them relevant for the actual exam. I liked Myspsychboard because it was up to date and relevant.
Our program purchased MypsychBoard for us. I am starting to use it. Not sure if I can afford BTB. Did you like board vitals?