beat the boards for psych boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dorian24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have taken the boards already, is beat the boards qbank worth it and representative of the actual exam? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I did Beat the Boards for my general psychiatry exam in 2021, and I thought the questions on BTB were actually harder than the real exam. However, I think it did prepare me well for mastering all the content, and I do really well with active learning multiple choice question practice rather than reading/re-reading/or passively watching videos. I would recommend BTB. I did the entire question bank and watched almost all the videos. Most of my residency colleagues did the same.

Hi, I did Beat the Boards for my general psychiatry exam in 2021, and I thought the questions on BTB were actually harder than the real exam. However, I think it did prepare me well for mastering all the content, and I do really well with active learning multiple choice question practice rather than reading/re-reading/or passively watching videos. I would recommend BTB. I did the entire question bank and watched almost all the videos. Most of my residency colleagues did the same.

Interesting, I actually thought the opposite. BTB questions often seemed straightforward to me and simple. Some of the exam questions were odd at times.

I found the lectures pretty useful for the most part. Certain lectures were definitely better than others. I did the original neuro section, thought it was garbage. Then they revamped it, and thought it was a HUGE improve. But K&S will really prepare someone for neuro. Dr Jack was a good lecturer I thought. Wasnt too fond of the addiction lectures, thought her notes were all over the place and had lots of random crap

Members don't see this ad :)
I purchased BTB at a discount but quickly realized it would take way too much time to complete. Eventually followed the sage advice of this forum and used Kaplan & Sadock only and performed well above the median.

For people who already took it, what percent were you scoring on BTB? Any minimum score on BTBs to be safe to pass the real deal?

bump on this.

Wondering if doing BTB question bank and studying the answer explanations would be enough.

Reactions: 1 user