Ba/md Programs!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strlght2348

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!! I am a junior in high school, and very much interested in applying to combined BA/MD programs. does anyone have any suggestions as to which ones are ranked very high?

Also- I'm interested in going into radiology- and I wanted to know what is the residency/training like? how many years? thanks in advance for the replies!!! :D

-- em

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the six year BA/MD program at UMKC. Email me at [email protected] if you need any advice on this.

I was accepted into UMKC's 6-year BA/MD program but chose against it when I visited with close friends who preceded me in going there by a few years. That, and the fact that the school "year" is basically that -- a year long.

Also, since you are interested in radiology, it would behoove you to apply to more prestigious medical schools. I know that, statistically (in terms of the boards), UMKC does remarkably poorly. This is a fact and is not heresay.

Cheers,

Frank

Members don't see this ad :)
Does matching into a 6-yr program give you peace of mind, knowing that you will become an MD?
UMKS Radiology used to have a bad reputation, had residents transfer out and the program had to advertise in the journals to recruit upper level residents. Although reputedly academic, apparently attendings bill for the readings and competed with each other to go over films with the residents. Is this still the case? If so, then it may not be a great choice for those aspiring to become radiologists.

I've had several friends start the UMKC program. A couple have dropped out after a year or two. The ones who continued had lots of classmates fail Step I. I've worked with some residents who were graduates of UMKC--they didn't seem very mature or clinically strong. I think the four years of undergrad helps people to get most of their craziness out of their system before going on to med school. I wouldn't trade my undergrad years for anything.