AZCOM LA vs San Diego Rotation Sites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahmadmz

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been accepted at AZCOM and I need to pick my top choice for rotations location. I want to end up in California eventually and would like to do my rotations here as well. Could someone please give me some information/opinion on which of the two has better rotation sites? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My suggestion is join the page of class of 2018 and 19 and ask them directly their thoughts. SDN is not the best place for this as many AZCOM people may want to stay anonymous or be hesitant to outright tell you the truth.

Reactions: 1 user
I dont know too much about the rotation sites yet but will do soon after our winter break as we have an open forum that talks about the rotation sites. Ive heard SD was generally more competitive to get into compared to LA due to lack of openings. If you are unsure about where you want to go, I would choose SD first just because of the lack of spots open for those sites.

Worst case scenario is that you would have to ask one of your classmates to switch with you and if your class is anything like mine, asking for a LA spot when you have SD will not be an issue at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont know too much about the rotation sites yet but will do soon after our winter break as we have an open forum that talks about the rotation sites. Ive heard SD was generally more competitive to get into compared to LA due to lack of openings. If you are unsure about where you want to go, I would choose SD first just because of the lack of spots open for those sites.

Worst case scenario is that you would have to ask one of your classmates to switch with you and if your class is anything like mine, asking for a LA spot when you have SD will not be an issue at all.
Thanks for your input!

The LA sites are divided into north and south with each region comprised of about 10-15 students. San Diego has about 10 students and has its sites spread out all over. I think the quality is about the same but because of the limited spots I would choose SD for now and switch with someone else later down the road if you change your mind.

The LA sites are divided into north and south with each region comprised of about 10-15 students. San Diego has about 10 students and has its sites spread out all over. I think the quality is about the same but because of the limited spots I would choose SD for now and switch with someone else later down the road if you change your mind.
Thanks!
I had chosen SD for my first and LA for second but apparently both of those atm are full so they gave me my third choice, East Valley.

Thanks!
I had chosen SD for my first and LA for second but apparently both of those atm are full so they gave me my third choice, East Valley.
The rotations in East Valley should be strong