Auburn c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got denied from my first school today and am losing confidence. I have my interview for auburn at the end of the week and am needing some advice
You’ll never be *everyones* cup of tea! You got an interview and that means they see something great in you, regardless of what other schools did or didn’t see.

It only takes one.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Got denied from my first school today and am losing confidence. I have my interview for auburn at the end of the week and am needing some advice
Remember it only takes one yes! Just do your best through the rest of the application cycle and if nothing works out this year, be thinking of how you can start improving your app for next year now. Rejections are just so normal in this process, you’re not alone in that! I’ve already had several myself. Keep your head up and it’ll work out. As far as auburn goes, most of your standard interview questions will be asked and be prepared to talk about your experiences and any weaknesses. They also love hypotheticals, like “what would you do as a vet or student if xyz happened”

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How have the interviews been for everyone?

Good luck to everyone with interviews!! Any tips/suggestions to prepare? I have mine coming up next week #stressed

Good luck to everyone with interviews!! Any tips/suggestions to prepare? I have mine coming up next week #stressed

Study all the questions from that link. They repeat a lot of them. That’s what helped me the most. It was also very conversational, so don’t worry about it too much. It’s less scary than you’d think. The interviewers are very nice. Unfortunately, I was a bucket of nerves anyway and froze up on one of the questions, so don’t be like me. You’ll do fine though! Good luck!

• Care
I just had my interview and it went really well. It was really conversational and nothing tricky. I was so scared, my face was physically twitching at the beginning of the interview but they made me feel comfortable.

I hope that anyone else who has an interview still or maybe someone looking back at this forum in the future will see this and feel some relief.

I just had my interview and it went really well. It was really conversational and nothing tricky. I was so scared, my face was physically twitching at the beginning of the interview but they made me feel comfortable.

I hope that anyone else who has an interview still or maybe someone looking back at this forum in the future will see this and feel some relief.
Same!! I had my interview this morning - the conversation flowed the entire 25 minutes and there wasn’t ever awkward silence; however I did feel like as soon as I answered their questions, they would ask another one so it didn’t feel like a “conversation” per say. I had great and energetic interviewers though!! Plenty of time to ask questions at the end.

Hey guys :) Interviews are over! Congrats to everyone again.

In our email, it says admissions decisions will be sent Feb 9th. I’m wondering if it could be earlier, as I think decisions went out early last year.
What do you guys think?

THE WAIT IS KILLING ME

Also, I think they called last year but they aren’t this year? Per the email…

Hey guys :) Interviews are over! Congrats to everyone again.

In our email, it says admissions decisions will be sent Feb 9th. I’m wondering if it could be earlier, as I think decisions went out early last year.
What do you guys think?

THE WAIT IS KILLING ME

Did everyone get that email? I didn’t get anything saying decisions would be sent on the 9th!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone get that email? I didn’t get anything saying decisions would be sent on the 9th!
I didn’t get any email yet either. I’m glad we have an official date to look forward to though, I can’t take the wait anymore lol

I didn’t get an email either!
This was the first email sent this cycle! Check your old emails. It gives a timeline and said when interviews would be sent out and gave dec 15th as a date, when interviews would take place, and said admissions decision will be sent vial email on 2/9, and also had a date for admitted students day :)

• Care
I’m also a little bit of a conspiracy theorist (it’s the only thing that keeps me going through the waiting) which is why I noticed Aub tends to send things out early…
- interviews this cycle came a day early
- last year they told applicants decisions would come out within 12 days of the last interview and they came out the next day

Soooo, I’m hoping for it to be early this cycle too, haha. But, I know they changed things up this year, so I’m not SUPER hopeful.

Did Auburn record any of the panel zoom meetings? Such as the housing or student panel?

Did Auburn record any of the panel zoom meetings? Such as the housing or student panel?

I could only attend the housing one and I feel like I remember her saying something about recording. I do have the link for housing and screenshots of the PowerPoint that she said to take pictures of!

I could only attend the housing one and I feel like I remember her saying something about recording. I do have the link for housing and screenshots of the PowerPoint that she said to take pictures of!

Do you know where we can find this stuff? I couldn’t make it due to school and work

I wonder how much weight the interview has. I know some schools have a point system that they use to determine acceptance/rejection but I can’t find anything on Auburn

I want to know tomorrow!!!! lol

I'm manifesting it.

Does any know what the ratio of people that interview & the people who are actually accepted is? For example, I saw that at UC Davis for every 5 interviews 3 get accepted so I was just curious if theres anything out there similar to this about Auburn? So excited and nervous at the same time!

Does any know what the ratio of people that interview & the people who are actually accepted is? For example, I saw that at UC Davis for every 5 interviews 3 get accepted so I was just curious if theres anything out there similar to this about Auburn? So excited and nervous at the same time!

I’m sure there’s some sort of math you can do. My brain did it like class size is 130. And there’s 5 committees. So 26 per committee get accepted. But also instate vs out of state plays a factor. So idk

The simplest way would just be class size divided by # interviewed.

Anyone know how many interviews they held?

The simplest way would just be class size divided by # interviewed.

Anyone know how many interviews they held?

I think they said a little over 1300 applied and they selected “the strongest to interview” so they didn’t really give a number but I know the class size is 130 so I dont know

I think they said a little over 1300 applied and they selected “the strongest to interview” so they didn’t really give a number but I know the class size is 130 so I dont know

I heard 1700. My bad maybe my anxiety made me hear wrong

I’m starting to think they meant it when they said the 9th, haha. The days just drag on when in waiting…

I’m starting to think they meant it when they said the 9th, haha. The days just drag on when in waiting…

Same. I’ve been cooped up, sitting around and waiting cause my classes have been canceled for the past two days due to snow and ice.

Same. I’ve been cooped up, sitting around and waiting cause my classes have been canceled for the past two days due to snow and ice.
Yeah, I'm glad I have classes and such but tbh I'm not focusing. I can't sleep lol. I just want to know something

JUST GOT THE CALL CONTRACT SEAT ACCEPTANCE holy frick I can’t type

Reactions: 9 users
JUST GOT THE CALL CONTRACT SEAT ACCEPTANCE holy frick I can’t type

Congratulations!!! Don’t mind me checking my phone all day now…(IS First Time Applicant)

IS Acceptance call ab an hour ago. Should be an exciting day!

Reactions: 6 users
Did everyone who got accepted receive a call, email, or voice mail? I have a missed call and a phone that keeps glitching on my voicemails!!!

Did everyone who got accepted receive a call, email, or voice mail? I have a missed call and a phone that keeps glitching on my voicemails!!!
Check the number for a 334 area code

Y’all have gotten my heart rate up. I’m assuming they’ve only called IS and contract so far?

Do we think they are still making IS calls?

Congrats to everyone accepted! Which committee were you guys in? And to everyone else, remember no news is good news!