Other OT-Related Information ATTN: Site Admins (DrMom) - Request for New Thread Prefixes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Johann00

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, per your suggestion in a thread back in January, could you please add the following 'New Thread' prefixes to the O.T.D. message board?

- General Admissions & OTCAS
- Program-Specific Information / Questions
- Coursework & Fieldwork
- Employment & Professional Networking
- Other OT-Related Information

Many of us feel this would help make the board more usable for everyone by adding some distinction to the general topic of the thread.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Seems very reasonable. Before making any changes, can other members please give their input on this?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It would be nice - I know there are still some of us on here who are past the application stage and are currently enrolled in programs. Better headings might encourage more of that kind of traffic rather than the seasonal chunks of posting when applications are due and when acceptances come out. I started posting here as an applicant, but it would be nice to have a forum where I can chat with other OT students, besides the ones in my own program (not that I don't like them, I do :) But it's good to get other perspectives too).

Seems very reasonable. Before making any changes, can other members please give their input on this?

Yes, please!

I would strongly prefer having two separate sections for pre and current students,like many other forums have, but the system of prefixes would be better than we currently have.

Yes, please!

I would strongly prefer having two separate sections for pre and current students,like many other forums have, but the system of prefixes would be better than we currently have.

I agree. :thumbup:

Yes, please!

I also agree with this! Thanks!

Only thing is that I would prefer strict guidelines concerning the topic of burnout. I see a lot of unprofessionalism at the Indeed forums whenever this topic arises. People think that OT is the only profession where burnout exists, when in fact it is seen throughout many professions and is especially prevalent in healthcare.

I also think this would be a good idea

Can we make this happen yet?

Thanks a lot Lee. This will be really helpful.

To the Site Admin:

Any chance choosing a label when starting a new thread could be mandatory? I feel like they would be a lot more effective and the OT forum a lot more organized that way. There is no real reason not to use them, but I feel like a lot of people aren't just because they're new and optional, which is silly since it only takes an additional 2 seconds and covers every possible relevant category. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks, lcs, I was going to ask the same question. If it's somehow possible, I'd be willing to log in once in a while and label all the new threads myself. But I assume I'd have to be given admin rights to do that and those are probably not just handed out to anyone who asks...

Sure, I'll change it to required. If members hate that, then we can always change back.

It's active - please let me know if any issues!

Thanks, Lee. This is working great and already making this place a lot more user-friendly

Reactions: 1 users