General Admissions & OTCAS Does Requesting Skype Interviews Look Bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otdreamer2727

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! WOW, it's wild that I can even be writing this. I just got invited to an interview this morning at Messiah College and Salus University both in Pennsylvania. Both interview dates fall within a few days of each other, however, after calculating cost of flights, rental cars, hotels, food, gas, etc.... it's looking like this trip would cost me $1000 easily. And that's me being modest. I called both and both said they offer distance interviews. Messiah was extremely gracious about it and said they don't want to be a financial burden. Salus said they do offer it but would want to know why. Both said it would not reflect poorly on me, but I still feel nervous. Has anyone else done this in the past? Anyone done this and been accepted? I know OT school is an investment, but you have to draw the line somehwere.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your interviews! I don’t think it will look bad and plan to do the same when interviewing with schools outside of my area. I agree that spending $1000s on travels is not necessary and I think the application committee would also agree.

I agree. I don't think that it would look bad. Especially if you are from out of state.:) Good luck