Application for Fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EM2BE

Elf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we are applying to programs individually (sending everything to each program) or through ERAS, but then do the match through NRMP?

I can't believe how much of this application process I have forgotten. I also have been getting asked where to send the LORs. I realize now how little help I have and should have asked for a mentor on ACMT long ago. Maybe others are as confused as I am on this as it's a new process though too.

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Excellent question, for which I don't have an answer; luckily, my fellowship PD and friend chairs the ACMT fellowship committee, so I asked him.

His response is below, included verbatim with permission:

+-+
Good question. *This is the first year that the Medical Toxicology programs have joined the NRMP. *This move was designed to make the process as fair a process for the applicants and programs. *At this time applicants need to contact individual programs to apply. *We have not joined ERAS nor do I see us doing so in the near future. *Many programs have credentialing issues that will preclude using a common application form. *So the best bet is to contact program directors directly and see what they need for application. *This is a small specialty and it is worth your while to interact with the Program Directors early and express interest. *

You can go to the ACMT website where they outline this process and the timeline:
http://www.acmt.net/resources_training.html

I serve as the Chair of the ACMT Fellowship Directors Committee, and would be happy to answer any general questions directly.
Good Luck,

Steven E. Aks, DO, FACMT, FACEP
Director, The Toxikon Consortium,
Division of Toxicology;
Department of Emergency Medicine
Cook County Hospital
312 864-0911
www.toxikonconsortium.org

+-+

Cheers!
-d

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! I know what I'm doing this weekend.