Applying for Fellowship question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RainbowOtterz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I decided to take the plunge and join the dark side of Toxicology! I am applying for the current cycle. Does anyone have any recommendations or input on the ideal number of programs to interview at? I tried using my search-fu and haven't come up with an answer. The EMRA fellowship guide also gives a vague answer. So far I have applied to six places, one fellowship I rotated and one fellowship is my home program. Thank you for the help and input!

Members don't see this ad.

What's stopping you from interviewing at all 6? Time off? Money? I would imagine it would be helpful to visit as many places as possible.

What's stopping you from interviewing at all 6? Time off? Money? I would imagine it would be helpful to visit as many places as possible.
Thank you for your reply. The question was more of "what is the magic number" or if there isn't one. In case anyone reads this in the future, it seems like there isn't a magic number like there is in residency matching.

I’m also applying this cycle. It’s late now and I’m sure you’ve finalized your interviews, but what I’ve heard from fellowship directors is that the majority of people match in their top 3. Historically it sounds like 3 was considered the magic number, but now more like 5-6. Good luck!