Other ADVICE NEEDED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thebestdoc

Reaction score
I am an IMG who is graduating this year, I have solid USMLE scores, but the problem is I have a 20/70 vision in both eyes was born with it. I am currently planning to apply for residency this year but I don’t know if internal medicine will be a good fit or should I try something else.

Members don't see this ad.

Can your vision be corrected with lenses and adaptive devices in order to meet technical standards for visual observation and procedural skills? At the close range that is in order for such tasks? I’ve known IM residents with OCA or similar who can do just fine with glasses and loupes, can you?

Can your vision be corrected with lenses and adaptive devices in order to meet technical standards for visual observation and procedural skills? At the close range that is in order for such tasks? I’ve known IM residents with OCA or similar who can do just fine with glasses and loupes, can you?
Thank you for the response. I do have OCA, I have tried regular glasses those don’t work. Haven’t tried loupes before. I have been able to go through med school by moving closer to objects or bringing things closer to my eyes

Members don't see this ad :)