ADEA 2023-2024 Application Questions thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the official transcript, I sent it to AADSAS through NSC after my final grades were submitted in May. I graduated in May as well.
Today, I received an email that my degree was officially awarded and it would be listed on the top of my official transcript with the conferral date.
Should I re-order my official transcript to AADSAS?
Congratulations. Confirm the answer with AADSAS. It's not critical for grade verification, but when your accepted school requests a transcript, you should be covered there.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
For the official transcript, I sent it to AADSAS through NSC after my final grades were submitted in May. I graduated in May as well.
Today, I received an email that my degree was officially awarded and it would be listed on the top of my official transcript with the conferral date.
Should I re-order my official transcript to AADSAS?
You should be okay. You could if you wanted to, but otherwise you could always send it later this summer during academic update period or when schools request their own copies of your official transcript

• Love
Do you have to fill out supplemental applications ASAP to be considered an early applicant? Or does just your primary application have to be submitted early?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have to fill out supplemental applications ASAP to be considered an early applicant? Or does just your primary application have to be submitted early?
generally, you want to get supplementals done within 1 week, 2 weeks maximum after you receive them. Your app won't be considered complete without it. You usually won't get supplementals until after your primary app has been completed, so the sooner you get that in, the sooner you get verified and sent supplementals, the sooner your app will be completed and sent for review.

If I took an AP test in high school for college credit, how would I include that on the transcript?

If I took an AP test in high school for college credit, how would I include that on the transcript?
I think you can put it as test credit, however it must say on your transcript that you received the AP credit and for what class. My college only put that I received transfer credits and not each individual AP course credit granted individually. Also make sure the schools you’re interested in accept AP. Most don’t. I found it too big of a pain to include so I just omitted mine

Hi everyone,I got confused about my situation and I will be thankful if you can help.

I created an account in AADSAS previous cycle and My university sent official transcript for them, but I didn’t apply to any school because of some financial problems.
I entered my account yesterday and,I have transferred my transcripts from previous cycle to this cycle, but Aadsas told me that I have been considered as a re-applicant!!
Since I didn’t apply for any school previous year,How can I fix this situation?Does anybody have any idea?
Thanks a lot.

Hi everyone,I got confused about my situation and I will be thankful if you can help.

I created an account in AADSAS previous cycle and My university sent official transcript for them, but I didn’t apply to any school because of some financial problems.
I entered my account yesterday and,I have transferred my transcripts from previous cycle to this cycle, but Aadsas told me that I have been considered as a re-applicant!!
Since I didn’t apply for any school previous year,How can I fix this situation?Does anybody have any idea?
Thanks a lot.
call aadsas

For honors courses, how are they listed on the transcript in terms of subject? Would it be "honors core"? More specifically, it's an honors seminar class. And if I'm taking an honors thesis class, would it fall under the same subject?

Thanks a lot.
Looking at RE-APPLICANTS . I agree check with AADSAS.

I am guessing this is all technical. You didn't actually send in an AADASAS application last year, but you did have information sent to them from the previous cycle that could roll over. Information available to transfer includes your academic transcript.

Technically, you are an AADSAS reapplicant but with no previous submissions. Other schools won't consider you a reapplicant to their program because they never got your AADSAS application.

Many people fill out a previous year's AADSAS but don't submit it so they could get "a feel" for data entry into AADSAS. They aren't reapplicants... just well prepared.

Technically, you are an AADSAS reapplicant but with no previous submissions. Other schools won't consider you a reapplicant to their program because they never got your AADSAS application.

Many people fill out a previous year's AADSAS but don't submit it so they could get "a feel" for data entry into AADSAS. They aren't reapplicants... just well prepared.
Yep, I did this. Definitely made the whole process much easier to understand and saved me a lot of stress. If you have the chance to get a headstart, take it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question about letters of recommendation. I have a committee letter submitted to my application, but I'm still waiting on a letter from a dentist. Can I submit my application without the second letter and then add it later? Or should I wait until I have all of the letters before submitting?

I have a question about letters of recommendation. I have a committee letter submitted to my application, but I'm still waiting on a letter from a dentist. Can I submit my application without the second letter and then add it later? Or should I wait until I have all of the letters before submitting?
You should wait

If you submit your application to one school, can you change your personal statement for the other schools you haven't yet applied to?

Two of my LOR say "Accepted" and one says "Completed", but all my evaluators are telling me they have submitted them. Does it just take a while to process? Or was there something else two of my evaluators were supposed to do and missed?

Two of my LOR say "Accepted" and one says "Completed", but all my evaluators are telling me they have submitted them. Does it just take a while to process? Or was there something else two of my evaluators were supposed to do and missed?
When were these letters submitted?

Hello all pre-dents!

The ADEA AADSAS app for the 2023-2024 cycle is now open!

It would be a good idea to jump in now and start filling it out, answering questions, and uploading transcripts to help speed up the process for when you want to apply! This will save you a few hours, or more, of valuable time! Also, the sooner you apply, the sooner your app will be verified and the sooner it will get in the hands of admissions.

If you have questions about applying, how the app works, or specific questions, feel free to respond below!

Good luck to all those who are applying this cycle!
For AADSAS, can I list my hobbies (such as ceramics and at-home nails) under extracurricular activities? I do have descriptions and hours of these hobbies. Also, I have other experiences for this section, but I was just wondering if I could include my hobbies to show some of my other interests.

For AADSAS, can I list my hobbies (such as ceramics and at-home nails) under extracurricular activities? I do have descriptions and hours of these hobbies. Also, I have other experiences for this section, but I was just wondering if I could include my hobbies to show some of my other interests.
Good question! I think if you did them for a school club/event then I think you could include them in the activities section. Otherwise maybe mention that in the manual dexterity prompt, if not related to school. or elaborate in your interviews!

For the letters, my professor told me he just typed his name at the end of my letter. Would that count as his signature?

If a school is asking for courses to match their prereqs but I'm not allowed to use AP courses should I leave it blank?

For example, I used AP credits for gen chem and Boston doesn't want AP credits so do I not match any courses to that prereq?

If a school is asking for courses to match their prereqs but I'm not allowed to use AP courses should I leave it blank?

For example, I used AP credits for gen chem and Boston doesn't want AP credits so do I not match any courses to that prereq?
Might be a good idea to email them and ask what they’d prefer

Might be a good idea to email them and ask what they’d prefer
I'm just realizing that this is an issue with a couple of schools and really hoping that they just take my AP credit and DAT score cause retaking a year of gen chem sounds miserable!

I was sending out emails to a few dental schools about the question that I had, but I realized that I put the wrong school's name in my emails. I think I'm being oversensitive right now, but would I be okay..?

Hello, I am taking my second biology prerequisite this summer. When my final grade comes in, when should I resend my transcript? Do I send it to AADSAS or to each specific school that I am applying to? Thanks!

Hello, I am taking my second biology prerequisite this summer. When my final grade comes in, when should I resend my transcript? Do I send it to AADSAS or to each specific school that I am applying to? Thanks!
There should be an update period during the summer that you can resubmit your transcript for schools. AADSAS will send the updated grades once verified

Is Mid June late to apply in the cycle? Also, am I allowed to put 1 EC in multiple categories? Lets say in leadership and community service and explain the different tasks for each of the two categories?
Mid june isn't late at all. I applied in mid-June. Even July isn't bad either. As long as the 1EC is 1EC and not stretched out to multiple experiences I don't see it being an issue. You can elaborate in the text box as well, or in interviews.

Hi everyone, I am new here and I am currently working on my application to submit it next week.
I was awarded the financial assistance, but I have to submit the app to at least 3 schools by June 14 and I wasn't planning on submitting this early. So, am I able to submit it now and then request one last letter of rec later in July?

Also, that last LOR is from the dentist I shadowed who asked me to write the LOR, so how can I do that? any advice on writing LORs or resources for templates?

I believe you cannot add additional LOR's once you submit your application. What you'd have to do is have the dentist send the letter to schools from their work email signed on official letterhead if possible. I will also say that it's highly discouraged to write a letter for yourself, and I was even asked in an interview if I saw any of my letters that were submitted. Frankly, if they're not willing to write it, I would just avoid sending the letter if possible.

And a lot of schools don't require a dentist LOR anyways. Double-check each school's requirements before applying. Generally, 2 science, 1 supervisor(work, volunteer, research) and a non-science will cover almost all requirements.

I submitted a supplemental essay, except there is a random comma floating at the very end of the essay. Sort of like this:

Is this a big deal?!

Do you need to disclose academic/non-academic investigations that you were found NOT RESPONSIBLE for and received no disciplinary actions during an interview? Do dental schools specifically request disciplinary records or internal student conduct records?

Last edited:
Should events like Yankee Dental and ADEA go dental fair go on my application? Also, should I be putting OSHA and FERPA training? these all seem like they would just make my application seem redundant and take away from my other experiences.

Everything on my application is complete except for my committee letter. Should I submit on AADSAS or wait for that to be done before submitting?

When putting prerequisite courses in for each school, should I include all courses that satisfy the pre-req? For example for organic chemistry should I include both orgo I and orgo II or just orgo II?

Status
Not open for further replies.