Suggestion Accountability

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apollyon

Screw the GST
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion: if a moderator (or whatever you call them now) edits a post, their username should be automatically appended to it, instead of "edited by a mod". If "mod" isn't used anymore, because it is too aggressive or whatever, then anonymous staff action is even more egregious under that standard.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Can the mods see which mod edited a post?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have a particular post in mind where this came up? In general we are trying to be increasingly transparent about moderator actions. It’s not always possible, but that’s the goal anyways.

In general, we do work as a team, so regardless of whether or not an individual mod is identified who actually was the one who took action it’s usually the result of discussion amongst several staff members. If you disagree with moderator action you can always report it so senior staff can review it.

Last edited:
Thread 'Researching Patient engagement in Elective surgeries' https://forums.studentdoctor.net/th...ent-engagement-in-elective-surgeries.1439005/
Here's one (for example). Whereas "mod" has been eradicated elsewhere, it's still here. I'd have to find the one that prompted me to start this thread. I don't disagree with that one, but, it's the opaque, non-transparent way that it is done. I mean, one can't post anonymously, but mods (excuse the term) can? Own what you do.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have a particular post in mind where this came up? In general we are trying to be increasingly transparent about moderator actions. It’s not always possible, but that’s the goal anyways.

In general, we do work as a team, so regardless of whether or not an individual mod is identified who actually was the one who took action it’s usually the result of discussion amongst several staff members. If you disagree with moderator action you can always report it so senior staff can review it.
This is another suggestion that is related to what Apollyon said. Could senior staff have a designated tag or badge so that posters can differentiate them from the rest of the mods?

Thread 'Researching Patient engagement in Elective surgeries' https://forums.studentdoctor.net/th...ent-engagement-in-elective-surgeries.1439005/
Here's one (for example). Whereas "mod" has been eradicated elsewhere, it's still here. I'd have to find the one that prompted me to start this thread. I don't disagree with that one, but, it's the opaque, non-transparent way that it is done. I mean, one can't post anonymously, but mods (excuse the term) can? Own what you do..
@gyngyn posted immediately afterward so it’s not difficult to tell in that case. Nevertheless I don’t think this is unreasonable so I can see if it’s an easy change.
This is another suggestion that is related to what Apollyon said. Could senior staff have a designated tag or badge so that posters can differentiate them from the rest of the mods?
We flattened the mod structure a few years back intentionally to empower all staff to take action site wide. But admins are more senior to “volunteer staff” which is equivalent to the old moderator tag. Someone not being an admin doesn’t mean they don’t know what they’re doing, it just means they tend not to involve themselves in site-wide moderation as much.

Hope that helps somewhat? Generally if you have a concern about moderation you’ll wind up with multiple admins discussing it.

Reactions: 1 user