acceptance!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, that would be a tremendous help esp for those who will most likely have to go through this again next year. Also, if you don't mind, could you post stats such as gpa or pcats? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

BRUINGOLD,

What did you think of the program? What other schools have you interviewed? Please let me know when you are notified from UCSD :) (the same with everyone else biting their nails waiting to hear from UCSD!) I'll do the same.

Good luck and hope everyone gets into a school.

I liked the program. They really seem to be on the cutting edge, but I am worried that they are so new and unexperienced. Also, they said that if you're interested in retail (which I am), that this was not the school for you so I'm a little hesitant about that as well. How did you feel about it? I am waiting on interviews for UOP and USC. USC has still not contacted me about an interview and I'm losing hope (they are my top choice along with UOP). I'll def. let ya know if I hear from UCSD. I wonder if they are sending out the acceptances through email first.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, me too. the program looks promising. i like the talks that dean taylor and the orientation that assoc. dean anthony gave us on the interview day.
i remember particularly what anthony said. "we're not here to train you for today, tomorrow, or next year. we're here to train you for the next 30-40yrs"
and one more thing, retail is not as tough as clinical training. (correct me if I'm wrong). if you can get the best training in pharm school and one day if you decide that you don't like clinical pharm, you can always fall back on retail.

I liked the program too. It seemed that they were a little scattared with setting a foundation for clinical rotations and patient contact (only seeing patients in the 4th year). I liked how they are allowing students to partake in research (since I have a heavy background in it) and wanting Pharm.D.'s who are willing to push the envelope.
I hope everything goes well and I will keep you posted on UCSD!