A Type

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drillandphil

Living the dream
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been considering dentistry and podiatry. I've shadowed in both fields and after giving myself time to think about it, I feel podiatry is a better fit for me. I know this question may be naïve or posted already, but how would you typify a podiatry student?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been considering dentistry and podiatry. I've shadowed in both fields and after giving myself time to think about it, I feel podiatry is a better fit for me. I know this question may be naïve or posted already, but how would you typify a podiatry student?

There's actually a wide range of podiatric patient population.. when I shadow the podiatrist he gets all types of patients... there's going to be a surge of older patients now that diabetes and obesity is becoming a bigger problem... My advice is to shadow a pod and a dentist to see what you enjoy more.. personally i am being drawn to the fact that patients typically feel relieved instantaneously after leaving the pod office. :) Also, I've seen my pod affect the bad lifestyle choices (eg. smoking, sedentary lifestyle) since the matter of fact they're dealing with is the potential in losing mobility, which is also a contrast from primary doctors as well (it would be more difficult to convince someone to stop smoking in a physical.)

There's actually a wide range of podiatric patient population.. when I shadow the podiatrist he gets all types of patients... there's going to be a surge of older patients now that diabetes and obesity is becoming a bigger problem... My advice is to shadow a pod and a dentist to see what you enjoy more.. personally i am being drawn to the fact that patients typically feel relieved instantaneously after leaving the pod office. :) Also, I've seen my pod affect the bad lifestyle choices (eg. smoking, sedentary lifestyle) since the matter of fact they're dealing with is the potential in losing mobility, which is also a contrast from primary doctors as well (it would be more difficult to convince someone to stop smoking in a physical.)

an important part of being pre-med or pre-podiatry is learning comprehension. lol the OP asked the nature of podiatry students, not patients. :lol:

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say they are no different than any other student in any other discipline anywhere; you have lazy ones, hardworking ones, one who seemingly can do nothing and pass with flying colors, those who have to work all day to pass, and everything in between. You got fat ones, skinny ones, mean ones, nice ones, dicks, paragons of virtue, every type of thing you can think of. Ones who love their job and ones who feel trapped. It's all over the place.

an important part of being pre-med or pre-podiatry is learning comprehension. lol the OP asked the nature of podiatry students, not patients. :lol:

oops . holiday brain/Misreading . thank you pre pod police. appreciate the derision.

happy holidays

If this had been the question I would like to say "way more attractive than dent/med patients" but unfortunately, that's probably the opposite of true. Lol