230 on UW SIM 2. Still reviewing incorrects and taking step 1 Fri. Any advice? I want at least a 230.. want to match Psych or PMR.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phagocytosis41

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hi all, current MS3 DO student. Finally got promising outcomes after terrible NBMEs at the end of MS2 with the help of a 2 month study period. Any input on what I should expect? I am concerned this may be overpredicting, although UW SIM 1 overpredicting by a lot is unquestioned. My previous NBMEs were 200, 212, 224, 224, and 215 (slight drop I know) on NBME 16, 18, 20, 22, 23 each taking 1 week apart closer to my Step 1 date. Yes I wish I took NBME 18 last but nonetheless it is what it is and was the first NBME I took before serious dedicated prep.
Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

UW2 got very close to my real score. You are where you need to be knowledge-wise to achieve your goal score, all you need to do is execute. It's on you homie. You got this.

To further increase your chances of hitting your goal, work on weak spots & hardcore memorization stuff (lysosomal storage, citric acid cycle, etc.) for the remainder of your time (if you don't have much.)

For the NBMEs, if they don't have it in the spreadsheet, just throw them in somewhere (that's what I did with the new forms.)

For further neurotic score-predicition stuff, see this calculator on Reddit (predicted my score exactly):

UW2 got very close to my real score. You are where you need to be knowledge-wise to achieve your goal score, all you need to do is execute. It's on you homie. You got this.

For the NBMEs, if they don't have it in the spreadsheet, just throw them in somewhere (that's what I did with the new forms.)

For further neurotic score-predicition stuff, see this calculator on Reddit (predicted my score exactly):

Thank you. Its great going from barely/failing NBMes at end of MS2 to finally getting scores I am not ashamed of.

To further increase your chances of hitting your goal, work on weak spots & hardcore memorization stuff (lysosomal storage, citric acid cycle, etc.) for the remainder of your time (if you don't have much.)

also any input what I should do to get a 240..? lol. I have 3 days but still any advice is appreciated.

I think it's possible for you to hit 240 on a good test day, & on a test that plays in your favor.

I would hammer home weaknesses & hardcore memorization stuff (lysosomal storage diseases, Krebs cycle, dumb stuff like that) until then.

Make sure you sleep well & bring good drinks & food to test day so you can be at your best. V high yield.

Reactions: 1 users