2024-2025 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nobody else received an ii??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would be nice if people that actually got ii would tell us when they submitted so we can know how admins are proceeding

Reactions: 4 users
I noticed on last years thread that a lot of student took the Casper do you guys know if it’s necessary for this application cycle too for DPMS ? Because I thought it was only mandatory if your are applying for medical school not the DPMS program. I’ve tried looking on there website and couldn’t find any information on it.

I noticed on last years thread that a lot of student took the Casper do you guys know if it’s necessary for this application cycle too for DPMS ? Because I thought it was only mandatory if your are applying for medical school not the DPMS program. I’ve tried looking on there website and couldn’t find any information on it.
Hello,
Yes, it is required to take Casper for DPMS .

Best Regards,

Which campus will the DPMS program be at? And if we matriculate into the medical school, do we have a choice which campus to attend or are DPMS students typically assigned somewhere?

Which campus will the DPMS program be at? And if we matriculate into the medical school, do we have a choice which campus to attend or are DPMS students typically assigned somewhere?
The program will be held at the new health sciences building in Philadelphia.

I asked past students and they said the placement is based on a lottery system. Students rank which campus they prefer and the lottery will decide who goes where. But I think if you prefer to go to the Reading campus, you will most likely be placed there as most students choose to remain in Philadelphia.

Reactions: 1 user
The program will be held at the new health sciences building in Philadelphia.

I asked past students and they said the placement is based on a lottery system. Students rank which campus they prefer and the lottery will decide who goes where. But I think if you prefer to go to the Reading campus, you will most likely be placed there as most students choose to remain in Philadelphia.
Thank you so much! This was really helpful :)

anyone getting random emails from Drexel 😭 like if its not an interview I don’t want to see it

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
interview invite received at 11:48 AM today :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I got an Interview Invite! I submitted my application way before the deadline. I think in like December or January

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also for ppl getting ii's you will need to take CASPer. The last day to take it for this admission cycle is May 2nd. I just reserved my test and the only test they have before the deadline in May 2nd. So make sure you reserve as soon as you get the ii's! Costs $85. If you have fee waiver provided by AAMC its free!

Also for ppl getting ii's you will need to take CASPer. The last day to take it for this admission cycle is May 2nd. I just reserved my test and the only test they have before the deadline in May 2nd. So make sure you reserve as soon as you get the ii's! Costs $85. If you have fee waiver provided by AAMC its free!
Did you need to take Casper again if you have already taken it this cycle? I took it in October…

Wish I was one of those first set of interview invites —- staying hopeful though it just begun 🥺🙏🏾

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Wish I was one of those first set of interview invites —- staying hopeful though it just begun 🥺🙏🏾
Seems like most of these folks applied early. It’s not rolling admissions so you’ll have an equal chance at a spot even if you interview later. Stay hopeful.

I looked at last year's thread, ppl that submitted in December/January still got in even as one of the last interviews. Their admissions doesn't go in order. Stay hopeful folks!

I emailed admissions today asking if there was an update on my status. They said it received an invite to interview status today and they’ll send out more emails!

Edit: They said interviews are sent out through March and April regardless of when it was completed. I was complete March 15th

I emailed admissions today asking if there was an update on my status. They said it received an invite to interview status today and they’ll send out more emails!
What email did you use??

Quick question: does anyone know how the Drexel admissions rolls with interview invites and rejections? Are they the type to shoot out invites to everyone first, followed by rejections? Or do they send out rejections regardless of interview invites? Also, wondering if anyone has insight into whether Drexel has accepted students with low/low stats in the past. Just trying to get a feel for my chances! Any insights or past experiences would be super helpful!

Hey there,
I'm debating whether I should reserve my CASPer test date now or wait until I potentially receive an interview invitation. Do you think it's better to reserve it now just in case or should I hold off until I secure an interview? I'm not sure if Casper will remove that test date like a week in advance or if it will be available until the day before the test. Would love to hear your thoughts or if anyone has been in a similar situation before!

Reactions: 2 users

Edit: They said interviews are sent out through March and April regardless of when it was completed. I was complete March 15th
did they say ii are only sent out in march and april?

did they say ii are only sent out in march and april?
Yea I attached a pic of what the said exactly
However, I didn’t even get interview email yet just a response to my email to them. So I think they’re going to send out a batch soon

Attachments

• IMG_1006.jpeg
    IMG_1006.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 46
Did your status change on the portal?
Nope so I’m anxiously waiting for them to change it or send emails
I attached the full email in case u were wondering how they phrased it

Attachments

• IMG_1007.jpeg
    IMG_1007.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Received interview invite. There are 4 interview dates for the month of April.

Yeah, should be fine. They have dates open for April 15, 17, 22, and 24. They said that it’s on zoom, from 8:30AM to either 2PM at the earliest or latest at 4PM.

Yeah, should be fine. They have dates open for April 15, 17, 22, and 24. They said that it’s on zoom, from 8:30AM to either 2PM at the earliest or latest at 4PM.
Thank you! Appreciate you! That’s really long for an interview.. I wonder if it’s going to be a group interview and individual interviews maybe that’s why it’s so long?

Thank you! Appreciate you! That’s really long for an interview.. I wonder if it’s going to be a group interview and individual interviews maybe that’s why it’s so long?
They said it’s a traditional interview with just one faculty member! They also said more information about the program will be discussed and we will be meeting current students. That’s probably why it takes so long.

Last edited:
They said it’s a traditional interview with just one faculty member! They also said more information about the program will be discussed and we will be meeting current students. That’s probably why it takes so long.
Hi! Can I ask when did you submit your app? And did you see it update on your portal or just email or both? Tysm!

Hi! Can I ask when did you submit your app? And did you see it update on your portal or just email or both? Tysm!
I submitted my application in early March. I just checked my portal and it's not updated, still says under review but I received an email this morning to schedule the interview.

My application was complete on 11/10. I received an interview invite yesterday around 9:48 pm.
So if I already took the CASPER for this past application cycle, do I now have to retake it?

Hey there,
I'm debating whether I should reserve my CASPer test date now or wait until I potentially receive an interview invitation. Do you think it's better to reserve it now just in case or should I hold off until I secure an interview? I'm not sure if Casper will remove that test date like a week in advance or if it will be available until the day before the test. Would love to hear your thoughts or if anyone has been in a similar situation before!
Hi!
I mean if money isn't an issue for you or if you have a fee waiver then I would say reserve a time. I however wanted to wait until I got an interview invite so I wouldn't possibly be wasting my money if I don't hear from them. To each there own! No wrong choices just do whatever is best for you! Hopefully you hear from them soon to you can make an informed decision!

Did your status change on your portal? Did the interview invite come from [email protected] ? Thank you!
My application was complete on 11/10. I received an interview invite yesterday around 9:48 pm.
So if I already took the CASPER for this past application cycle, do I now have to retake it?
When you say "this past application cycle" are you referring to 2023-2024 because if that is the case then yes you will have to take CASPer for the 2024-25 cycle.

Nope so I’m anxiously waiting for them to change it or send emails
I attached the full email in case u were wondering how they phrased it
I emailed them as well regarding any updates on my application and they sent me the same exact email that you have about "DPMS decisions will be sent in early May regardless of when the application was completed. Interview invitations will be sent throughout March and April." But I don't have the interview invite part that's on your email. I have my fingers crossed, hopefully that will change.

I emailed them as well regarding any updates on my application and they sent me the same exact email that you have about "DPMS decisions will be sent in early May regardless of when the application was completed. Interview invitations will be sent throughout March and April." But I don't have the interview invite part that's on your email. I have my fingers crossed, hopefully that will change.

Same, they hit me with the “thank you for your patience” email. No mention of interview list lol, I was like yeah I got the cue buddies

Same, they hit me with the “thank you for your patience” email. No mention of interview list lol, I was like yeah I got the cue buddies
Does that mean we prolly got rejected or should I still keep praying! 🥹😪

Did your status change on your portal? Did the interview invite come from [email protected] ? Thank you!
My status did change. In the portal it basically saids my file is complete and under review. And then right under that line it saids I have been scheduled for an interview for April 15th. The interview came from a faculty member because it was not from [email protected]