2023-2024 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this is kind of a stupid question but my brain is broken. when they say outstanding physician AND…, do they want us to fill in that blank? or can we answer more generally?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm looking at the secondary email and UCLA is requiring 3 letters of recommendation but a committee letter counts as one? Guess I should have double checked
If the committee letter attaches letters shouldn't it count tho? For example I sent 6 letters to my committee and they said that they would include every letter with their own committee letter, so idk

Received Acknowledgement of DGSOM Primary Application on 7/2 but no secondary yet. IS, verified 6/15

i was verified on 6/6, got the email that they got my primary (OOS though), and i keep going back and forth between well i should prewrite my answers so i can submit right away and they probably rejected me already so i shouldn’t bother

If the committee letter attaches letters shouldn't it count tho? For example I sent 6 letters to my committee and they said that they would include every letter with their own committee letter, so idk
My application portal shows a check mark for the LORs so I am going to assume I meet the requirement but I'm not sure

Verified the first week of June, haven't heard from any UCs except acknowledgement of the primary. ****ting bricks lol

Reactions: 1 users
My application portal shows a check mark for the LORs so I am going to assume I meet the requirement but I'm not sure
Emailed them and they said this "We recommend 3-5 letters to be uploaded as a letter packet. If the committee letter has one letter signed by the committee it would count as one letter. If the letter packet has at least 3 supporting letters included then that would fulfill our requirement."

Members don't see this ad :)
IS secondary received just now (email acknowledgment of received application was received an hour ago, and my AMCAS was verified 7/13). Hope this additional info helps with figuring out a pattern!

(First UC I've heard back from)

Last edited:
Yeah i think they’re doing it by region or schools. Neither myself nor two of my friends who attend the same school as myself and are both very strong applicants haven’t recieved a secondary, so i think it might be based on region/school

Reactions: 1 user
Is is possible that they're sending out secondaries by region? I was verified 5/31, received confirmation of application 7/1, and haven't received a secondary. OOS from MA. Idk if I got screened out with a 520 and 3.97 but I'm getting nervous lol
Same area with nothing

I think it might be random! I'm from PA and my stats are not that great but I am URM and non-trad with 10+ years of clinical research experience. I received secondary 7/12, primary app was verified on 6/9.

Looking back through the forum, it seems like a handful of IS and OOS get it everyday, so maybe they’re just doing random batches? It seems like they’re still coming in steadily though, so they probably just haven’t gotten to those of us who didn’t get a secondary yet (fingers crossed anyway)

Looking back through the forum, it seems like a handful of IS and OOS get it everyday, so maybe they’re just doing random batches? It seems like they’re still coming in steadily though, so they probably just haven’t gotten to those of us who didn’t get a secondary yet (fingers crossed anyway)
That's what I'm thinking too! I was very shocked to get one tbh... so if I got one I feel like y'all will!

this is kind of a stupid question but my brain is broken. when they say outstanding physician AND…, do they want us to fill in that blank? or can we answer more generally?
Was having the same trouble. Combed through their website to find their mission statement to see if that was it haha iI ended up deciding and writing as if it were fill in the blank after googling a bit about how to answer the questions

Heard they screen for fit, not a numeric fit.

Reactions: 1 users
IS Secondary Received 7/12, Submitted 5/30, Verified a couple days later, 3.73 science, 3.77 overall, 508 (125/125/127/131), URM
Also waiting for all UC Schools except UCI and UCLA.

So many prompts… 🥲🥲🥲

IS Secondary Received 7/12, Submitted 5/30, Verified a couple days later, 3.73 science, 3.77 overall, 508 (125/125/127/131), URM
Also waiting for all UC Schools except UCI and UCLA.
congrats friend! Do you have preview completed?

I do! Although it seems like a few have gotten secondaries without having their score back.
Same! it's become clear though some just require that you have it scheduled, others need the score in. Who knows how it works for davis. I get mine soon thankfully. Davis is the dream!

Fill in the blank! What you want to use to fill in the blank is up to you. DGSOM feels very strongly that we are all physician and somethings.

OOS 3.82/520: verified 7/10, received primary acknowledgement 7/11, secondary 7/13.

I feel like I should assume that I just got screened out at this point: LM 75, verified on 6/24

Last edited:
verified 5/30 and still waiting so idk if there's a system to all this LOL i also have preview scores sent and am a ucla undergrad so unsure if I've been screened out already
If it makes you feel better. I am still waiting too for every single california school. I also went to UCLA so really hoping it's just a regional thing. MY stats are fine too so idk.

Anyone get a secondary with a low preview? Got my preview back a few weeks ago and it's a 4/9 so I'm wondering if that got me screened out

Anyone get a secondary with a low preview? Got my preview back a few weeks ago and it's a 4/9 so I'm wondering if that got me screened out
I can’t imagine them screening out nearly half of their applicant pool based on such a new test