2023-2024 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 OOS A! Interviewed 11/29

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
GOT THE A AT 2:30 PM 😭 interviewed 11/29

Would the next interview invite be Jan 1st? Have a recommender from my new job submitting tonight

OOS A yesterday at 2:33pm after interviewing on 11/29. My first one, lets goooooooo

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Current M1 and just finished my first block! Tufts has been awesome so far.

Happy to answer any questions.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How often you coming to campus a week?
Have not attended a single not-mandatory since like September. Mandatories happen 2-5 days a week, but the average is probably around 3 days a week. Our "days off" are occasionally on Mondays, but mostly on Tuesdays and Fridays. But we have classes every day.

Current M1 and just finished my first block! Tufts has been awesome so far.

Happy to answer any questions.
Congrats on finishing your first block! How are the facilities (anatomy lab, sim center, study spaces, etc.)? A few M4s during the interview day said that the virtual tour found on the website is outdated and that everything at the school feels "new"... I'd love your perspective!

Congrats on finishing your first block! How are the facilities (anatomy lab, sim center, study spaces, etc.)? A few M4s during the interview day said that the virtual tour found on the website is outdated and that everything at the school feels "new"... I'd love your perspective!
The Anatomy Lab is BEAUTIFUL! Without exaggeration, it's very state-of-the-art, super clean, and high-tech. Big TVs every dozen or so feet, enough iPads for each station (~60 stations/tables), bright lights, etc. There are super cool, spacious conference rooms just adjacent to the anatomy lab with white-board walls and TV-sized screens at each of the 15ish tables.

The sim center is very reminiscent of what you'd see in clinic, filled with all the tools you'd need to use for physical diagnosis (these rooms provide you will all the tools you need; they'll gift you a stethoscope during orientation).

Study spaces are all over the campus (which is only like 2-3 buildings). If you like to study alone, you will never have trouble finding a table to sit down and study, but because the library is shared with all the other programs, you might have trouble finding a study space (especially ones with windows) for collaborative studying. But a lot of people also study together in our learning communities (which is closed off to just MD students) or in the classrooms, or on the cafe/4th floor of the med ed building. I wouldn't call the library/study spaces "new," but they're cozy and range from noisy to almost completely silent. No complaints from me!

Reactions: 5 users
OOS II just now!! Went to undergrad in Boston and miss the city so much so v excited about this one!

Complete 8/9, Boston track, did not send any updates

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
IS II just now! I think also complete 8/9, Boston track, meant to send an update but haven't yet lol

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II! Scheduling for late jan but I saw dates available throughout feb and march :)

OOS II! ties to boston LM 74, complete early August

Last edited:
OOS II! Scheduling for late jan but I saw dates available throughout feb and march :)
+1!! so happy I decided to apply despite others saying tufts was super low yield :')

was complete early Aug

Last edited:
  • Love
Low yield as in not many ppl get interviewed? Or the post interview acceptance rate?
as in many people apply and not so many get interviewed. This 2021 data says ~12,000 applicants and only 800 IIs. Seems like people really like applying to Boston schools. Post II acceptance rate is ~60%, we got this!

• Wow
The Anatomy Lab is BEAUTIFUL! Without exaggeration, it's very state-of-the-art, super clean, and high-tech. Big TVs every dozen or so feet, enough iPads for each station (~60 stations/tables), bright lights, etc. There are super cool, spacious conference rooms just adjacent to the anatomy lab with white-board walls and TV-sized screens at each of the 15ish tables.

The sim center is very reminiscent of what you'd see in clinic, filled with all the tools you'd need to use for physical diagnosis (these rooms provide you will all the tools you need; they'll gift you a stethoscope during orientation).

Study spaces are all over the campus (which is only like 2-3 buildings). If you like to study alone, you will never have trouble finding a table to sit down and study, but because the library is shared with all the other programs, you might have trouble finding a study space (especially ones with windows) for collaborative studying. But a lot of people also study together in our learning communities (which is closed off to just MD students) or in the classrooms, or on the cafe/4th floor of the med ed building. I wouldn't call the library/study spaces "new," but they're cozy and range from noisy to almost completely silent. No complaints from me!
How's the housing for you and your classmates. What on average are people paying?

How's the housing for you and your classmates. What on average are people paying?
Probably <20% of the class is living in the on-campus dorms. I don't live in them so I can't speak to price/living quality. The only complaint I've heard is that it's hard to separate school/personal life since you're constantly within a block of campus. The dorm is Posner Hall.

Most students live off-campus in or around the Chinatown neighborhood and use the subway to get to class. Some bike, some walk, and a couple of us drive. Rent is atrocious (because Boston) so most of us have a roommate or 3 and spend anywhere between $800 and $2000+ a month. Taking the subway can be a 10-30 minute ordeal, depending on the day. I've even heard of some M1 students who travel from Maine to get to our mandatories.

For me, I spend $1300 / month with 1 roommate and have a 30-minute commute.

Reactions: 4 users
Guess we need to wait until Feb for the next interview wave?

Probably <20% of the class is living in the on-campus dorms. I don't live in them so I can't speak to price/living quality. The only complaint I've heard is that it's hard to separate school/personal life since you're constantly within a block of campus. The dorm is Posner Hall.

Most students live off-campus in or around the Chinatown neighborhood and use the subway to get to class. Some bike, some walk, and a couple of us drive. Rent is atrocious (because Boston) so most of us have a roommate or 3 and spend anywhere between $800 and $2000+ a month. Taking the subway can be a 10-30 minute ordeal, depending on the day. I've even heard of some M1 students who travel from Maine to get to our mandatories.

For me, I spend $1300 / month with 1 roommate and have a 30-minute commute.
Does Tuftie test for 🌿🌿🌿 prematriculation, if so when was it?

Is Tufts nearing the end of interviews given out?

Is Tufts nearing the end of interviews given out?
Supposedly they interview through March and based on the IIs on here, they've only scheduled through end of January... That makes me think there's more coming? But who knows, especially since not everyone's on SDN

Supposedly they interview through March and based on the IIs on here, they've only scheduled through end of January... That makes me think there's more coming? But who knows, especially since not everyone's on SDN
My buddy got an interview invite in March last year so they definitely go later than some schools

anyone complete in July but have not heard anything

any current students open to share things they love & maybe don’t love abt tufts and their experience so far :)

Just found out I never clicked "submit application" back in August..... smh

I paid and everything LOLLL

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
You'd think they would have sent you an automated email reminder sooner. lol
Right, especially after paying? I honestly think this is a reflection of my mental state back then, so I don't blame them at all.

Anyways, what do you think my chances are for an interview this month? Probably super high because they wanted me to submit (kidding)

• Haha
Right, especially after paying? I honestly think this is a reflection of my mental state back then, so I don't blame them at all.

Anyways, what do you think my chances are for an interview this month? Probably super high because they wanted me to submit (kidding)
I've heard that playing hard to get is the way to go :rofl: I appreciate your positive attitude about this

• Haha
  • Love

Lol, this is one of the rare schools where a March II is possible, so it’s definitely non-zero!

I've heard that playing hard to get is the way to go :rofl: I appreciate your positive attitude about this
Thanks! I honestly think it's funny that I neglected to open the application in 5 months. Plus, I already have other offers, so I really am in a place where I can laugh at this. Honestly, the biggest L is that I had already paid smh.

Good luck to everyone else who applied in a timely manner <3

• Haha