2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we have to have a separate lab for both Organic I and Organic 2? My school only had a combined Organic Lab taken after/concurrently with Organic 2

Do we have to have a separate lab for both Organic I and Organic 2? My school only had a combined Organic Lab taken after/concurrently with Organic 2
Same situation here, and I got an II. I think it's probably okay.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get a complete email, the status says LOR received, but under the application checklist, it says LOR required.

Anyone else get a complete email, the status says LOR received, but under the application checklist, it says LOR required.
Yes, I mentioned earlier in the thread. If they're asking for additional LOR in application checklist, you need to complete that regardless of complete status.

emailed downstate and they updated the checklist to show LOR received.

Do the LOR and MCAT not check as complete until after you submit the supplemental?

Interview scheduled 9/18... Can someone who interviews before me share how it went? Wondering if there are any specific questions to prepare for and how relaxed the interview was? Thanks!

Does anyone have an OOS II yet? Praying I get one ugh.

Interview scheduled 9/18... Can someone who interviews before me share how it went? Wondering if there are any specific questions to prepare for and how relaxed the interview was? Thanks!
I just had mine yesterday, very low stress. The interviewer asked me a series of specific questions from the admission committee. Asked about how I deal with stress, my study habits, how I studied for the mcat, challenges I have faced. Asked about my background, contribution to diversity. Prep to explain every blimp in your record, any low grades, any time off, any red flags etc

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does the student interviewer contact us by email or phone to schedule the other interview?

Does the student interviewer contact us by email or phone to schedule the other interview?
Mine contacted by email but they have options to set it up to be a phone call, zoom, FaceTime etc.

Reactions: 1 user
IS II received complete early august

What was the student interview like?
Super chill! My interviewer was really nice and they just have an informal convo with you about yourself. They don’t have your app info or anything else about you, so it’s just kinda to get to know you as a human rather than applicant lol

Reactions: 1 users
I had my interview a few weeks ago and I got an email today requesting more information asking specific questions about my application. Has anyone else gotten this? Do we think this is a good or bad sign
What did they ask for? If it’s verifying information then it should be ok

Any IS applicant complete late August/early September get II yet? LM 71, NYC applicant.

does anyone know if downstate sends any acceptances before 2024? i'd love to go here and want to hear back to see if they will respond to an interview in 4-6 weeks like their FAQs say, but i saw last year they didn't send any acceptances until feb.... not sure

IS II 9/28 as well! Complete 8/7

did anyone have trouble with their status after submitting? mine says that my LORs and MCAT score haven't been received, but I sent them a while ago and haven't had this issue at other schools

did anyone have trouble with their status after submitting? mine says that my LORs and MCAT score haven't been received, but I sent them a while ago and haven't had this issue at other schools

yea i had an issue with one of my LORs. Just call them up. They answer pretty quickly and are helpful.

does anyone know if downstate sends any acceptances before 2024? i'd love to go here and want to hear back to see if they will respond to an interview in 4-6 weeks like their FAQs say, but i saw last year they didn't send any acceptances until feb.... not sure
Doubt it... MSAR says not until Feb 15th, I wouldn't trust that outdated website.

I have my interview with Downstate next week...any tips or advice from those who have already interviewed?

I have my interview with Downstate next week...any tips or advice from those who have already interviewed?
Be yourself. Be ready to talk about any weaknesses in your application. Treat the student interview like a real interview but also as an opportunity to find out about student life at the school.

Reactions: 1 users
Any in state early September/late August completes get interviews yet?

Be yourself. Be ready to talk about any weaknesses in your application. Treat the student interview like a real interview but also as an opportunity to find out about student life at the school.
awesome thank you so much!! This is my first open interview so I'm a little nervous!

Anyone know until what time/month Downstate typically sends interviews? Somewhat neurotic considering this is my #1 dream school.

Anyone know until what time/month Downstate typically sends interviews? Somewhat neurotic considering this is my #1 dream school.
Looking at Cycletrack and last year's thread, it seems they trickle out interviews with some larger bursts every couple of weeks. Don't worry tho dude, if it is your dream school, the adcom will definitely be able to tell through your secondaries and app overall. Hoping you get that email soon!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Looking at Cycletrack and last year's thread, it seems they trickle out interviews with some larger bursts every couple of weeks. Don't worry tho dude, if it is your dream school, the adcom will definitely be able to tell through your secondaries and app overall. Hoping you get that email soon!
Thank you and I really hope so as well. Been raised and stayed in NYC my whole life as well.

does anyone know where i can find the dates for the virtual chats? i was going to attend the one tomorrow but something came up

IS II! LM 74.6/ORM/Non-traditional. Complete 8/31.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
IS II! LM 74.6/ORM/Non-traditional. Complete 8/31.
Silly question but I am new to the forum and don't know what all of the acronyms mean, can you explain? Is IS II in state secondary? or interview? and what is LM and ORM? Thank you!!