2023-2024 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre II r

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
They don't usually send decisions over the weekend, correct?

Do we know how many people get on tier 1 vs tier 2 WL? Heard that the majority of people on T1 get accepted eventually

Reactions: 1 user
OOS A just now!!! Interviewed 3/1. My first MD A!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
OOS A! Interviewed 3/1. Pleasantly surprised, to say the least. DM me if you are planning on attending admitted students day,

Yep got it as well. Tier 2 WL here.

This might be a dumb question but the WL tier email says “Please note that waitlisted applicants are not ranked within each tier” if that’s the case how do they decide who gets the A first in each tier?

This might be a dumb question but the WL tier email says “Please note that waitlisted applicants are not ranked within each tier” if that’s the case how do they decide who gets the A first in each tier?
I assume it's based on "institutional needs" so they'll try to replace a first gen student with another first gen student, an Oklahoma admit with another Oklahoma admit etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Any stats on the percentage of tier 1 vs tier 2 acceptances?

the tracker says they made 262 admissions offers. So out of that total number of offers we have to see if less than 125 people will accept the offers to get off the WL? I feel like those odds are pretty low with all those offers already sent out

I feel like they might be trying to make this class bigger than 125 I mean there's no way only 125 are going to matriculate with all those offers.

Wait is this the school that's in March Madness?
I had to look it up after they beat Kentucky, and it is! The wikipedia page for OUWB says it's affiliated with Oakland University, and the embedded Wiki link for OU matches the colors and mascot for the team we just saw expose Calipari

Would submitting a letter of intent here as a tier 2 waitlist be useless? Really liked the school but was bummed out to see it wasn't reciprocated

I had to look it up after they beat Kentucky, and it is! The wikipedia page for OUWB says it's affiliated with Oakland University, and the embedded Wiki link for OU matches the colors and mascot for the team we just saw expose Calipari
Dang that's impressive. Apparently their online store crashed after that win. Looks like you're a Lebron fan huh haha

1st tier WL email. I will be declining my WL offer so I hope someone else gets in! Good luck

Would submitting a letter of intent here as a tier 2 waitlist be useless? Really liked the school but was bummed out to see it wasn't reciprocated
Also wondering about this

Withdrawing my A, good luck to those on the waitlist, this is a great school!

Has anyone gotten financial aid or scholarship info yet?

So how does financial aid work for OUWB? My fafsa was just processed and it’s just loans so idk if the school gives more or anything assuming u qualify.

That waitlist email with the title "Greetings from OUWB!" gave me a heart attack.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users