2023-2024 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’ve heard that UMass doesn’t really send acceptances chronologically and that it all depends on when you’re presented! So don’t worry if you haven’t heard back! (or at least that’s what I’m telling myself)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I’ve heard that UMass doesn’t really send acceptances chronologically and that it all depends on when you’re presented! So don’t worry if you haven’t heard back! (or at least that’s what I’m telling myself)
Agreed, they really emphasized that it could take a while to hear back, each committee presents some students and they apparently meet less frequently in the fall and will ramp up meetings beginning in the winter

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Strange that they are all OOS. Do you think it's reporting bias or they only gave OOS A's?

Strange that they are all OOS. Do you think it's reporting bias or they only gave OOS A's?
I think most of the first interview days were filled with OOS applicants. At least on here, those who reported II's were all OOS at first.

I think most of the first interview days were filled with OOS applicants. At least on here, those who reported II's were all OOS at first.
Just my two cents but I had my interview today (I'm IS, submitted 7/21 I think, II 9/10, and interview today 10/17 because i forgot to post lmfao) and the majority of my fellow interviewers were also OOS, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case

Members don't see this ad :)
Just my two cents but I had my interview today (I'm IS, submitted 7/21 I think, II 9/10, and interview today 10/17 because i forgot to post lmfao) and the majority of my fellow interviewers were also OOS, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case
My late September interview was a healthy mix

If I interviewed on their first day but haven't heard anything, should I assume WL at best, rejection at worst? Or is that not how they go through apps?

Do you guys think they are done handing out IIs? It seems early for that, but the talk on the earliest interview appointments in February is not sitting well with me. I also haven't seen anyone report an II on here in a bit... my friend interviewed here in February last cycle and got the invite in January... so idk what to think—just going to remain cautiously optimistic.

If I interviewed on their first day but haven't heard anything, should I assume WL at best, rejection at worst? Or is that not how they go through apps?
I don't think you can assume that. Im still convinced they havent given out any IS A's yet... but maybe I'm just searching for something

IS II!!!!!!!!!!! Complete 08/26

Interview slots available early to mid December

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
dawggg i interviewed here 8/31 haven't heard back #scared #fecesinmypants

Congrats!! I’m confused bc we only had earliest dates in Feb when a few of us reported IIs a few weeks ago… what is happening here
They may open up different slots for IS vs OOS. I know one other school does that, maybe UMass does too?

Just got the A! No email...just happened to check my portal and it's updated with an acceptance offer

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
They may open up different slots for IS vs OOS. I know one other school does that, maybe UMass does too?
That was my rationale. Also mine came with a PURCH interview spot, so maybe that also played a role?

Just received an A email! OOS

Data Collection: 2° received 7/9, Complete: 7/31, II: 8/28, Interviewed 10/6, A 10/20

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Hi! For anyone who has already interviewed, are there any 1 on 1 convos with faculty or students outside of the standardized MMI sessions? Is it important to prepare specific questions about the school or is that more applicable to info sessions?

Anyone interviewed in August and haven’t heard back?

Reactions: 1 users
No, this school doesn’t go in order of interview date, they accept students as the committee for that interview date can meet to vote, I’m giving it a few more weeks!
I hope so! Also interviewed 8/29 o_O. Manifesting for both of us!

fellow OOS A here last week as well, interviewed in late September :). super grateful for and excited about this school. good luck to everyone else!!!

at the accepted folks, is there anything else we need to do other than upload the CORI form? i haven't received any other email confirmation after accepting and declaring to matriculate if that is right? (just making sure)

fellow OOS A here last week as well, interviewed in late September :). super grateful for and excited about this school. good luck to everyone else!!!

at the accepted folks, is there anything else we need to do other than upload the CORI form? i haven't received any other email confirmation after accepting and declaring to matriculate if that is right? (just making sure)
what's the CORI form? I haven't received that...