2023-2024 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know of any online programs where you can record yourself to practice MMIs? Or something similar?

Members don't see this ad.

Btw for those who took the preview late, I just received an application complete email yesterday. Apparently, they don’t review your application until your preview is in.

So if you submitted the secondary early but have not taken the preview yet or are waiting for a result, hang tight

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive a "not eligible for in state tuition" email?

Reactions: 3 users
yes same here. does that mean they are looking at my stuff now? recently got the complete email following preview submission

I got this email right after I submitted and was marked complete. I think it’s a different office than admissions that evaluates it

I got this email right after I submitted and was marked complete. I think it’s a different office than admissions that evaluates it
I agree with this, I also get the impression that the tuition stuff is separate

Members don't see this ad :)
UMass historically had interview dates in August and September. I wonder why it's pushed so far back now?

UMass historically had interview dates in August and September. I wonder why it's pushed so far back now?
If you look through this thread pepople got II's already for August interview dates, and the people who got II's in the last week are probably for September dates.

For those who received an II, was the interview in-person or virtual (or is there an option?)

IS Lead@Lahey Track II earlier this morning complete 7/11

Quick question for anyone affiliated with UMass who may be listening, please:

Does the general cohort get exposure to both rural and urban populations, or is that mainly just for PURCH? (I assume most of the clinical rotation placements are in Worchester, but maybe there's rural ones too?)

Thanks.

Quick question for anyone affiliated with UMass who may be listening, please:

Does the general cohort get exposure to both rural and urban populations, or is that mainly just for PURCH? (I assume most of the clinical rotation placements are in Worchester, but maybe there's rural ones too?)

Thanks.
There are electives for both rural health and urban health that regular MD students can apply to. They are called Rural Health Scholars and Urban Health Scholars.

My secondary has been submitted since beginning of September, however, I didn't think to check if UMass requires AAMC PREview. They do require it, I cannot take it til Oct, scores will not be released til Nov 9, and that is when my application will be complete. I guess this means that my chances are gone - what should I do?

My secondary has been submitted since beginning of September, however, I didn't think to check if UMass requires AAMC PREview. They do require it, I cannot take it til Oct, scores will not be released til Nov 9, and that is when my application will be complete. I guess this means that my chances are gone - what should I do?
This was my top choice school and of course it's the only school that i'm applying to that requires PREview... I am planning on taking it in October but is it pointless? Is it worth reaching out to admissions? (probably not)

This was my top choice school and of course it's the only school that i'm applying to that requires PREview... I am planning on taking it in October but is it pointless? Is it worth reaching out to admissions? (probably not)
If it's your top choice, just take it. Schools send IIs from August to March. You never know.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I will be interviewing with UMass in a couple of weeks, and I would like to ask a current UMass med student for help as I prepare for it. Would any UMass med student be able to help over the upcoming weeks?

Please let me know if there is any other platform I could try to get this help too!

Thank you so much in advance!

Has anyone had the PURCH interview yet? I know it’s supposed to be MMI style but why does it say to expect 3 hours? Does it also include an info session?

OOS Purch Track II just now! Complete 8/15

Last edited: