2023-2024 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if you don't mind, what dates are the second look ? trying to figure out if its likely to get a decision back by then haha
I believe April 3/4, this is what they told us on my interview day but not confirmed since I'm not accepted and havent received a second look email haha (cry)

Members don't see this ad.

I believe April 3/4, this is what they told us on my interview day but not confirmed since I'm not accepted and havent received a second look email haha (cry)
ok ignore me. just seeing the above responses

Is anyone going to the inclusive connections and belonging event during second look?

Members don't see this ad :)
I signed up for it in the form but I couldn't really find any information about what it exactly was...
These descriptions were under the more info button!

Attachments

• IMG_6672.jpeg
    IMG_6672.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_6671.jpeg
    IMG_6671.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 130
has anyone who interviewed for MD & PURCH in January heard back yet? I have only seen some MD As from Jan interviews so just wondering !
Interviewed for PURCH end of Jan and haven’t heard back! Assuming it’s because there’s two committees that would review our application.

Reactions: 1 users
I just looked up the Facebook group and there’s 176 members now…

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
First week of march seems to be a huge round of rejections :(

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it normal to not hear anything back, not even an AC, post interview?

I interviewed on 12/15.

Anyone in my position?

From what's on here, it seems pretty common this cycle for people to not hear anything back. I'm in your boat, interviewed 11/28 and haven't heard anything other than generic "wait until April" responses. They seem behind this cycle, so hopefully we'll get decisions soon!
Is it normal to not hear anything back, not even an AC, post interview?

I interviewed on 12/15.

Anyone in my position?

I will get accepted today. (manifesting)

Reactions: 10 users
Anyone know if we should expect emails at usual times or do they just come throughout the day

Anyone else just straight up ghosted since like October... no WL no R?

Reactions: 10 users
"The University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS) was established by the 162nd Massachusetts General Court in 1962 to provide residents of the commonwealth an opportunity to study medicine..."

*Completely ignores a vast majority of IS applicants who interviewed months ago*

*Quickly accepts many OOS applicants a couple weeks post-interview*

UMass, shame on you for straying so far from your original mission. While it is good to grow and adapt, it is not right to forget the intended purpose of this school and treat your IS applicants this way.

• Okay...
Reactions: 9 users
WL movement for this school is great, so it may feel sad rn, you’ll be okay. I’m wondering what this means for people who interviewed before this. Did we get the silent R
I think today might be a big decision day in general, not sure if As will be sent but I'm hoping it works out for everyone. My heart is with you all

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
where did you find the class page? I didn't see it on my second look email

OOS A just now. Interviewed Mid-February. It is very possible I pass on this A and hope it frees a spot for some IS folks.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone who got the A today!

Has anyone heard back from 1/5 and 1/8 for LEAD@Lahey?

OOS A + LEAD@LAHEY A!!!! M.D. interview 12/19, Lead@Lahey Interview 01/22.

• Love
has any instate people heard back?... it sounds like only out of state ppl are getting accepted

• Sad
Just wanted to give everyone some hope bc I'm IS, interviewed beginning of September, and got the A end of January (MD+LEAD@Lahey)!

Reactions: 2 users
Just wanted to give everyone some hope bc I'm IS, interviewed beginning of September, and got the A end of January (MD+LEAD@Lahey)!
Thanks for sharing. Maybe mine is also gonna take a long time since I also interviewed for Lahey and I interviewed in november and december..

Do people that have accepted admission offers also see “Decline after Acceptance” under Application Action? I’m paranoid I accidentally pressed the wrong button lol…also how long did it take to get the CORI forms? Thank you!

Do people that have accepted admission offers also see “Decline after Acceptance” under Application Action? I’m paranoid I accidentally pressed the wrong button lol…also how long did it take to get the CORI forms? Thank you!
That's what mine looks like too. I think you can go to that tab to reject your offer after initially accepting it basically.

Does anyone know what their plan for financial aid is now that Netparter remains closed? Does it mean students have to make decisions without any financial aid information?

Do you think it will be a good idea to send a letter of intent at this point? They told me I'll hear back by end of Jan, but I haven't heard anything since interviewing on Nov and Dec. Umass is my top choice school but I also don't want to seem too desperate idk if that is good.

Looks like on cycletrack they have been sending rejections :oops:

• Hmm
  • Wow
Do you think it will be a good idea to send a letter of intent at this point? They told me I'll hear back by end of Jan, but I haven't heard anything since interviewing on Nov and Dec. Umass is my top choice school but I also don't want to seem too desperate idk if that is good.
I don't think it can hurt you as long as you really mean it! I sent one