2023-2024 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 11/1 for MD and 11/15 for PURCH. Still waiting to hear back :/ Seems like there is not much consistency in status updates for A/R/W

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Kind of feeling like there might be good movement on acceptances tomorrow, since they sent out some II's earlier this week.

Copium??

Does anyone know if anyone else has been waitlisted? I’m grateful for getting WL’d when so many r still waiting but it kinda makes me nervous that no one on here has reported getting WL’d besides me… I know I’m overthinking but just asking. Is it a bad look that I was WL’d so early?
I was waitlisted in October like a week after interviewing!

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
do you guys know when they meet? Is it every week and/or even right after the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Today has sadly been very silent. Also I don’t want to get rid of hope yet but from previous year threads after they stopped sending As it was only WL and Rs.

I wonder when they start giving out rejections and waitlists. I'm in-state and I interviewed Nov 13th for Lahey and Dec 8th for MD. I only have two interview invites and Umass being my top choice I really want to get in but I'm starting to lose hope every Friday, when I interviewed they said they'll get back to us by the end of January.

• Care
I wonder when they start giving out rejections and waitlists. I'm in-state and I interviewed Nov 13th for Lahey and Dec 8th for MD. I only have two interview invites and Umass being my top choice I really want to get in but I'm starting to lose hope every Friday, when I interviewed they said they'll get back to us by the end of January.
Feeling similarly. Enjoy your weekend free of emails! Hang in there ❤️

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone sent or thinking about sending a second letter of intent post Interview?

Has anyone sent or thinking about sending a second letter of intent post Interview?
They actually told us during an interview to not send them more letters and that they do not really want them. Was anybody else told this?

They told us basically that since we applied, they already know we're still interested in attending

I also suspect that they're really behind and can't be bothered reading more things

Hi! New to the thread and judging by what I’ve read so far, most acceptances are from interviews after january, which congrats if you are one of them! I interviewed late August and haven’t heard a single word from them yet. just wondering, has anyone who has interviewed this long ago gotten any updates?

Hi! New to the thread and judging by what I’ve read so far, most acceptances are from interviews after january, which congrats if you are one of them! I interviewed late August and haven’t heard a single word from them yet. just wondering, has anyone who has interviewed this long ago gotten any updates?
I and many others interviewed early September (close enough) and haven't heard back yet. I think everyone also needs to keep in mind that only a handful of interviewed applicants can be presented to the committee whenever they meet, hence why the admissions office tells us that it all depends on when your app gets brought up. Previous years have shown that plenty of people who interviewed in Aug/Sept heard back with A's long after they interviewed.

The people on this thread and previous years' threads who received an post-II R or WL have stated that they got this decision shortly after their interview date. In my attempt to think positively, I like to put it this way - no news is not necessarily bad news. If you haven't heard back yet, it's not a rejection and you still are in the running 🤷🏽‍♀️. So everyone needs to chill and stop being so neurotic...go keep yourself busy with work/school/hobbies, because you're not making yourself or others here feel better.

I and many others interviewed early September (close enough) and haven't heard back yet. I think everyone also needs to keep in mind that only a handful of interviewed applicants can be presented to the committee whenever they meet, hence why the admissions office tells us that it all depends on when your app gets brought up. Previous years have shown that plenty of people who interviewed in Aug/Sept heard back with A's long after they interviewed.

The people on this thread and previous years' threads who received an post-II R or WL have stated that they got this decision shortly after their interview date. In my attempt to think positively, I like to put it this way - no news is not necessarily bad news. If you haven't heard back yet, it's not a rejection and you still are in the running 🤷🏽‍♀️. So everyone needs to chill and stop being so neurotic...go keep yourself busy with work/school/hobbies, because you're not making yourself or others here feel better.
Simply wondering what the status of your app is 6 months post interview is not neurotic.

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone who has been admitted been offered any scholarships? I know need based stuff is delayed with the fafsa, but wondering if merit or other scholarships have gone out.

Does anyone know how the MD/MBA works? Is it something that we apply for once we matriculate? Does anyone know the cost?

Does anyone know how the MD/MBA works? Is it something that we apply for once we matriculate? Does anyone know the cost?

MD is offered through UMass Chan, MBA is offered (hybrid) through UMass Lowell. If you are interested in the MD/MBA program, the secondary application had this option for you to apply to it. If you didn't do this, you can check with the admissions office if you are accepted to see if you can matriculate into the dual degree program?

Cost of Dual-Degree Program = MD tuition + MBA tuition + Cost of Living

Feeling similarly. Enjoy your weekend free of emails! Hang in there ❤️
Same here :/ do we know what the status is with Lahey acceptances? It doesnt seem like too many have happened in the thread yet ...

• Hmm
has anyone who interviewed for MD & PURCH in January heard back yet? I have only seen some MD As from Jan interviews so just wondering !

do we know how many people are in the accepted students fb group? just to have an idea of how many As have been given out so far

Last edited:
after looking at past year's threads (2021-2022, 2022-2023) it seems like march onwards is when only WL offers start coming out. The straightaway As seem to be done. Do you think that's the case this year? Should we be mentally preparing for WLs, if anything?

after looking at past year's threads (2021-2022, 2022-2023) it seems like march onwards is when only WL offers start coming out. The straightaway As seem to be done. Do you think that's the case this year? Should we be mentally preparing for WLs, if anything?
I noticed that as well. Also, there is a lot of conflicting info in this current thread, some might be straight misinformation, some may be misunderstanding, and some may be correct based on what they heard during their interview. Some people say that your file is presented based on interview date. Some people say that your file is presented based on its overall strength/competitiveness. Not sure if umass is running behind this year, compared to last year. Some communication from the school would be nice.

Would it be bad to email asking for an update… interviewed in Jan and haven’t heard anything from here or any other school for that matter yet lol I’m starting to lose it

Would it be bad to email asking for an update… interviewed in Jan and haven’t heard anything from here or any other school for that matter yet lol I’m starting to lose it
for the sake of all of us, please do. I was considering it

No, it's not bad to ask for an update. I think everyone who has been waiting for months and months should take initiative and call/email

I just emailed yesterday since I interviewed in November and got the non-answer of "Decisions are made on a rolling basis, so you can expect to hear from us by the end of April." Best of luck to anyone else trying to contact the admissions office!

• Okay...
It seems like a large amount of interviewees from aug-november still haven't heard back. I interviewed in January and haven't heard back. Also, it seems like many of the Lahey interviewees haven't heard back yet. Maybe I'm being delusional, but it seems like there are still a lot of As to give out ??? especially if the accepted students fb page is only at 68.... and if there was a wave of interview invites last week... I have a hard time believing that we are transitioning to the phase of waitlist offers only, but maybe this is just what I'm telling myself to remain hopeful.

Reactions: 2 users
Same, was it in an email? Last I checked the second look page, there was a link to the 2027 group

if you don't mind, what dates are the second look ? trying to figure out if its likely to get a decision back by then haha
Second Look Events
Thursday, April 4:
Kick-Off Evening Social: 7-9 p.m. EST
Friday, April 5:

Second Look Day: 8:45 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST

if you don't mind, what dates are the second look ? trying to figure out if its likely to get a decision back by then haha

4/5 is the “true” second look day. There are MD/PhD activities on 4/3 and MD/PhD, Lahey, and DEI events on 4/4