2023-2024 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone get the match-results email and get excited ? I thought it was a decision :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone get the match-results email and get excited ? I thought it was a decision :(
I didn't get the match-results email. Do these emails go out to everyone? Have you interviewed by any chance? I was looking for their match data for this year but couldn't find it - can you dm it to me please. Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't get the match-results email. Do these emails go out to everyone? Have you interviewed by any chance? I was looking for their match data for this year but couldn't find it - can you dm it to me please. Thanks
someone requested it at our second look day. i’m assuming that it went to the people only from that lecture i may be wrong though

Yea, it was for the people that attended second look last week.

IMG_1417.png

Attachments

• IMG_1416.png
    IMG_1416.png
    452.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1415.png
    IMG_1415.png
    455.1 KB · Views: 94
Members don't see this ad :)
So I assume they are holding off on activating the WL until the beginning of May?

Hey everyone I’m withdrawing my acceptance because I got into my state school & I am prioritizing staying in an area with a lower cost of living.

A couple of other folks have also shared that they’re withdrawing their acceptances for similar reasons before leaving the group chat.

It ain’t over till it over— if you’re on the waitlist don’t give up hope! Good luck all 😊

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone I’m withdrawing my acceptance because I got into my state school & I am prioritizing staying in an area with a lower cost of living.

A couple of other folks have also shared that they’re withdrawing their acceptances for similar reasons before leaving the group chat.

It ain’t over till it over— if you’re on the waitlist don’t give up hope! Good luck all 😊
Congrats - can you advise on the number of students in the FB group? How many said that they were withdrawing?

Dude, applying to 6 schools with 5 IIs....chad has entered the chat

Anyone else been on the WL since jan just waiting for the day 🥲
So it’s true they don’t start accepting anyone off of the WL until it’s “activated” ( early May)? I was searching the thread to see if anyone had made it off of the WL this cycle and haven’t seen one yet.

It's official. Howard has the worst FA I've ever seen

Malaysiamoji Yes GIF by Maxis

• Okay...

There are schools that still haven’t sent out FA package. Not just Howard. FSU still haven’t. I know a peer that hasn’t heard from VCU either.

I was told by financial aid at another school that there is a general delay for financial aid for most schools. It’s not just Howard! This definitely sucks though!

I assume that since the mandatory AMCAS deadline for applicants to choose a single school was yesterday that the admission committee will meet soon to send acceptances from the waitlist.
That would make sense since in theory they probably had a couple of seats open up

I assume that since the mandatory AMCAS deadline for applicants to choose a single school was yesterday that the admission committee will meet soon to send acceptances from the waitlist.
That would make sense since in theory seats opened up

has anyone communicated with the ADCOM to ask when they anticipate waitlist movement to start?

Did anyone else just not get any correspondence with Howard apart from closure dates.

Just fyi Howard gave a 1 month extension (meaning the deadline is now May 31st) to commit because of FAFSA delays. Not sure how that impacts waitlist movement but I'd assume more people will be holding on to their seats until they get their FA package.

Just fyi Howard gave a 1 month extension (meaning the deadline is now May 31st) to commit because of FAFSA delays. Not sure how that impacts waitlist movement but I'd assume more people will be holding on to their seats until they get their FA package.
oh my god so we will not be hearing any time soon

dang, this is definitely good to know, thank you. I’m sure most people will hold on till then

Oml I’ve been so anxious to get off the alternate list. Does anyone have any idea how many ppl in the FB are actually attending because I saw there are 114 ppl in there.