2023-2024 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my brother i just asked!
are you calling them or emailing? if emailing can I please ask what email your are contacting them on coz they don't seem to reply to any of my emails :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A! I hope it goes to one of you.

Reactions: 2 users
Did they say anything about waitlist movement at the second look?
Not to my knowledge unfortunately. They were talking to us as if we were all accepted using statements such as “we hope you select us for your medical school education”

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Alternate List; interviewed on 3/27

What's the PTE and CTE deadline for Howard? Can't tell if they require withdrawals today or not

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 3.08.14 PM.png

Thanks homes. Fr went on a 20 min search tryna see what this language is on about. Only language indicating a requirement from this is "This is the Last Date that HUCM Accepted Students Should Hold Multiple Acceptances". Am I right in saying Apr 30th is a hard deadline for dropping all but 1 acceptance, at least for Howard?

Btw, anyone know what happens if we mistakenly violate AAMC traffic rules?

My bad for spamming the thread but is there such a thing as a PTE deadline?? Or does Howard have one?

My bad for spamming the thread but is there such a thing as a PTE deadline?? Or does Howard have one?
Yes, there is a PTE (Plan to Enroll) deadline which is April 30th. Which means you should narrow your acceptances to one and PTE there. You may hold as many WLs as you have until you CTE (Commit to Enroll). CTE deadlines are usually in June/July.

Ok just got off the phone with a very nice woman at admissions & here’s the 411:

- As of “now”, they’re done with interviews. However, because it’s late in the cycle they anticipate people to withdraw their As here.

-There is a possibility that they may extend their interview season into May, but no decision has been made yet about it because it depends on the amount of A withdrawals they receive.

-She told me that they’ve already sent thousands of Pre-II & Post interview rejections and that

At this moment, if you haven’t been invited to interview and have not received the rejection letter then it means you’re still in the running here and the ADCOM is still considering your application & sees something in it because its holding on to it for a potential interview, should the interview season be extended to May. Right now, the ADCOMS are holding on to these applications with hopes of extending the interview season. No news is good news right now

After shooting my shot with her, she pulled up my app and confirmed that I’m still in it and that they’ve received my update and letters of interest.

At this point guys what’s for us, will be for us. If it’s HUCM, then great and if it’s not then God has something better. That’s my mentality. Hope this helps y’all out 🙏🏿

• Love
Reactions: 27 users
Ok just got off the phone with a very nice woman at admissions & here’s the 411:

- As of “now”, they’re done with interviews. However, because it’s late in the cycle they anticipate people to withdraw their As here.

-There is a possibility that they may extend their interview season into May, but no decision has been made yet about it because it depends on the amount of A withdrawals they receive.

-She told me that they’ve already sent thousands of Pre-II & Post interview rejections and that

At this moment, if you haven’t been invited to interview and have not received the rejection letter then it means you’re still in the running here and the ADCOM is still considering your application & sees something in it because its holding on to it for a potential interview, should the interview season be extended to May. Right now, the ADCOMS are holding on to these applications with hopes of extending the interview season. No news is good news right now

After shooting my shot with her, she pulled up my app and confirmed that I’m still in it and that they’ve received my update and letters of interest.

At this point guys what’s for us, will be for us. If it’s HUCM, then great and if it’s not then God has something better. That’s my mentality. Hope this helps y’all out 🙏🏿
oh wow i didn’t realize they sent post-ii rejections

Okay so maybe something good will come out of being ghosted 😂😂 thanks for the info!

Reactions: 2 users

Hello -

Thank you for reaching out to HUCM and for asking the questions most of us, myself included, were wondering about. Much appreciated.

Reactions: 3 users

At this point guys what’s for us, will be for us. If it’s HUCM, then great and if it’s not then God has something better. That’s my mentality. Hope this helps y’all out

Sooo if we haven’t received an II or a rejection, do we think it’s too late to send an LOI

thats good to now mann but howard is tripping

Thank you! You look familiar… I’ve seen you somewhere else ;)

Sooo if we haven’t received an II or a rejection, do we think it’s too late to send an LOI
You have nothing to lose at this point. So, I would say go for it if this is your top school!

sorry if it's already been asked, Do they accept pre-II update letters? no II here but no R either lol

Yes, there is a PTE (Plan to Enroll) deadline which is April 30th. Which means you should narrow your acceptances to one and PTE there. You may hold as many WLs as you have until you CTE (Commit to Enroll). CTE deadlines are usually in June/July.
is their CTE deadline strict on May 1st because most schools have their CTE deadline in June and July? can you just be on PTE until 30 days before orientation?

is their CTE deadline strict on May 1st because most schools have their CTE deadline in June and July? can you just be on PTE until 30 days before orientation?

Yes they are strict about. I have been accepted and received 2 emails already letting me know to conform to the amcas rules

sorry if this seems odd, i have one acceptance but would prefer howard, but idk how the aamc rules work. What if i commit and then howard somehow gives me an interview? Do i have to give it up?

sorry if this seems odd, i have one acceptance but would prefer howard, but idk how the aamc rules work. What if i commit and then howard somehow gives me an interview? Do i have to give it up?
Committing to enroll means you have to withdraw your app from every school including Howard. If you don't commit and instead use the "plan to enroll" feature, you're free to interview at Howard and stay on any waitlists. I'd wait on committing if you are still waiting to hear back from schools you'd prefer over your A

Committing to enroll means you have to withdraw your app from every school including Howard. If you don't commit and instead use the "plan to enroll" feature, you're free to interview at Howard and stay on any waitlists. I'd wait on committing if you are still waiting to hear back from schools you'd prefer over your A
understood, thank you very much!

• Love